Sponsored Ad

Thread: Speaker Box for Eminence Kilomax 18

Speaker Box for Eminence Kilomax 18

Anybody got designs of boxes that can handle and play the eminence kilomax 18?

Check Eminence site for the specs...

I hope you are using them for Mid Bass and not Bass. Take it from a person that has 8 of them sitting in the warehouse, that needs recone.

I used them for bass in scoops and they hit hard! but do not last long, because for scoops to make bass, the speakers need to move!

If you are in the Miami Area. Check GBT Audio he sells them in a double 18 Box, that is custom built by him.

To give you a visual: If they are standing up they have a port on the left and right hand side, from top to bottom. They sound pretty good! He has them in his show room running off of American Audio amps (because he is a dealer for them as well). They speakers hardly move at all with 1,000 watts of American Audio (I keep telling him that I want to hear them off of a Macrotech, which he is a dealer of too!). Those boxes ar tuned Properly! the speakers probably move at the most 1/4 inch at the most! on a bass application...

But if you research of of the threads in this forum: you will find out that Eminence speakers are not realy top of the line, it is actualy at the bottom... Kind of like Red Lobster of the seafood line, over-rated...

Your answer lies Here
    OMNIFEX

2007, Jeff Kang, Custom Audio Incorporated

Default thanks

I still wold like to see the actual boxes nothing going on for dem website though. Some pictures would be good. Cause I tried one out in side of cerwin vega box sounded ok to me.

You won't see "Actual Boxes" for they sold for you to build a design using the TS Parameters from scratch. The builder will design a box according to his needs. The design I drawn up, is designed for Eminence Killomax 18, and only Eminence Killomax 18. The Cerwin Vega box is the wrong box for the Eminence Killomax 18 it needs to be a reflex box, not a horn. Please re-read what I stated in the post I hyperlinked. You might as well sell those Killomaxs if you must use a Horn. They are made for Reflex boxes not horns.
    OMNIFEX

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OMNIFEX
    You won't see "Actual Boxes" for they sold for you to build a design using the TS Parameters from scratch. The builder will design a box according to his needs. The design I drawn up, is designed for Eminence Killomax 18, and only Eminence Killomax 18. The Cerwin Vega box is the wrong box for the Eminence Killomax 18 it needs to be a reflex box, not a horn. Please re-read what I stated in the post I hyperlinked. You might as well sell those Killomaxs if you must use a Horn. They are made for Reflex boxes not horns.
    So can I see some pictures of what the finshed boxes will look like

From where? I don't own Killomax, and, the last Double Eighteen box I made was 1996.
    OMNIFEX

Quote Originally Posted by MADSELECTOR
    So can I see some pictures of what the finshed boxes will look like
    Mad Mad Mad Selector .....wha a grawn bredrin....when Greg done wid the box dem.......you'll see how it looks....its going to be a basic front load ported box design......BTW.....wha happen blood.....you looking to build some new box for the sound.....let me find out ...yeah.....and respect again Omni