Sponsored Ad

Thread: garnet silk on stur gav/ jaro

Default garnet silk on stur gav/ jaro

did garnet silk appear on stur gav ?
    i know he appeared 3 times on jah love music with briggy, chaplin, t rebel, etc

how come a garnet silk "live on killamanjaro tape" cannot be found anywhere
    i suspect he must have visited the sound after all he voiced 20+ dubs

foundation
    tape collector

There is a Garnett Silk Live on Jaro tape but I ain't gonna tell you why it can't be found cause that's a whole new (Early B like) argument.
    A wa ya a talk bout squingy - a wa ya a talk bout bwoooooyyyyy, likkle bwooooooyyyyyyy - cha a wa dis likkle bwoy a talk bout man.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper
    There is a Garnett Silk Live on Jaro tape but I ain't gonna tell you why it can't be found cause that's a whole new (Early B like) argument.
    Interesting...if I was a betting man I'd say you're referencing the Marley medly dubplate...
    ad space for sale...inquire within

Default King Stur Gav tour History 1983- 2003

Greetings
    One of the reason why G Silk might have not performed on King Sturgav was due to SturGav only played a hand full of dates in 1994. King Sturgav made a huge return in early 1998 at Maypen.
    below is a bit more info on KING STURGAV

King Sturgav on Tour History from 1983-2003
    by Dave Brown Canadian tape Collector
    Email rockers73@hotmail.com Sept 1/2003

Friday July 22/1983 Josey Wales Teacher Uroy and Inspector Willie
    Saturday 23July 1983 Saint Albion sport counsel NY
    Saturday 6 July 1983 Josey Wales Teacher Uroy and Inspector Willie
    Sunday 7 Aug 83 ( Sturgav vs. King Moke _NY ) Brooklyn
    Monday 8 Aug 83 Negril Club NY
    Saturday 13Aug 83 (Sturgav vs. King Moke _ NJ ) Alexander hotel
    King sturgav return to the USA once again in November 1983.

SturGav debut in the US on Friday July 22 the line up were Josey Uroy and selector Willie, for reason unknown Charlie Chaplin never join the line up until the second part of the tour when it stated in November 1983 Its been said that the sound played in Miami Florida in 1983 but I’ve never heard any cassettes of that…the only confirmed dates were in NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY
    ( Sturgav vs. Papa moke Aug 7/83 @ Empire skating ring…..only STURGAV show up)
    Papa Moke & Sturgav did clash in New Jersey 13 Aug 83.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    King Sturgav debut in Toronto Canada 24 Dec 24 1983 @ Lacaverna Ballroom
    The admission to this dance was $18.00 the highest at that time. The line up were
    Josey Wales Charlie Chaplin and original selector Inspector Willie.

King Sturgav debut in the London England 1987 with Uroy Rankin Joe D Irie J Statement Joe lick shot & Inspector Willie.
    Sturgav fans in the Uk was wondering why the sound took so long to played their might have been other reason.finally in 1987 Sturgav with a new line up debut in London for few dances but the two top dj‘s Josey and Chaplin were not apart of the line up
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    July 2 94 Sturgav return back to Toronto after 11 years…The line were Uroy Inspector Willie plus Early B @ the Mona Lisa banquet hall ( this would be Early B last appearance in Canada he got killed later in the year ) The dance was ok not a huge turn out.

The year was 1994 and Uroy started to re-build his sound once again….he debut back in Jamaica with a massive line up 4 years later @ Clarendon bamboo lawn April 1998

KING STURGAV TOUR DATES in 1998 USA CANADA & ENGLAND
    Florida 24 Oct 98 @ Mahi Temple _ Chaplin Josey Briggy Uroy L John P Frazer & Inspector.
    Toronto 18 Jul98 @ LA Guna Banquet hall _Ubrown Chaplin Uroy L Thompson & Inspector.
    New York 29 Aug 98 jah life dance a massive line up….@ Empire roller skating ring Bklyn.NY
    Birmingham England 6 Nov 98 Uroy Ubrown Josey Al Campbell Brigadier selector Danny Dread )
    London England 7 Nov 98 Uroy Ubrown Josey Al Campbell Brigadier ( selector Danny Dread )
    King Sturgav tour dates in 1999 Plus Japan tour dates
    Philadelphia 20 FEB 99 Chaplin Briggy Tanto Metro Josey Uroy ( New selector Ilawi )
    Philadelphia 27 Mar 99 same line up as above due to the 20 Feb. 99 got cancel
    Dorchester, Mass. 16 April 99 Chaplin Trees Josey Uroy selector Danny Dread Jah Screw.
    Hartford CT 17 April 99 Chaplin General Trees Uroy Josey Uroy ( select by Ilawi )
    Bronx NY Friday 23 April 99 Josey Brigadier Chaplin Teacher Uroy selector I Lawi
    Orlando Florida 1 May 99 Josey Wales Brigadier Jerry Charlie Chaplin ( selector Danny Dread)
    Washington DC Sat 8 May 99 Chaplin Josey Brigadier Uroy plus others ( Ilawi new selector)

3 dates in JAPAN May 10,11,12 1999 ( Yokohama, Osaka & Nagoya )

Bronx the Warehouse June 26 /99 Josey Briggy Chaplin Uroy Last time Josey dj on sturgav then)
    Miami Florida 27 Aug 99 R Joe Chaplin L Gibbons G Washington B Down Ilawi &Mix M steve

What about Garnet Silk's last performance .......
    I heard it was @ Richie Stephens Birthday Bash

Default garnet silk

yeah that true richie stevens got that video tape also

brethren i'm not inna no argument i just ask a simple question looking for some answer, no half way business

Hey Ras, there is a 'Killamanjaro Remembers Garnett Silk' CD released commercially a few years ago.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rockers
    Greetings
    One of the reason why G Silk might have not performed on King Sturgav was due to SturGav only played a hand full of dates in 1994. King Sturgav made a huge return in early 1998 at Maypen.
    below is a bit more info on KING STURGAV

King Sturgav on Tour History from 1983-2003
    by Dave Brown Canadian tape Collector
    Email rockers73@hotmail.com Sept 1/2003

Friday July 22/1983 Josey Wales Teacher Uroy and Inspector Willie
    Saturday 23July 1983 Saint Albion sport counsel NY
    Saturday 6 July 1983 Josey Wales Teacher Uroy and Inspector Willie
    Sunday 7 Aug 83 ( Sturgav vs. King Moke _NY ) Brooklyn
    Monday 8 Aug 83 Negril Club NY
    Saturday 13Aug 83 (Sturgav vs. King Moke _ NJ ) Alexander hotel
    King sturgav return to the USA once again in November 1983.

SturGav debut in the US on Friday July 22 the line up were Josey Uroy and selector Willie, for reason unknown Charlie Chaplin never join the line up until the second part of the tour when it stated in November 1983 Its been said that the sound played in Miami Florida in 1983 but I’ve never heard any cassettes of that…the only confirmed dates were in NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY
    ( Sturgav vs. Papa moke Aug 7/83 @ Empire skating ring…..only STURGAV show up)
    Papa Moke & Sturgav did clash in New Jersey 13 Aug 83.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    King Sturgav debut in Toronto Canada 24 Dec 24 1983 @ Lacaverna Ballroom
    The admission to this dance was $18.00 the highest at that time. The line up were
    Josey Wales Charlie Chaplin and original selector Inspector Willie.

King Sturgav debut in the London England 1987 with Uroy Rankin Joe D Irie J Statement Joe lick shot & Inspector Willie.
    Sturgav fans in the Uk was wondering why the sound took so long to played their might have been other reason.finally in 1987 Sturgav with a new line up debut in London for few dances but the two top dj‘s Josey and Chaplin were not apart of the line up
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    July 2 94 Sturgav return back to Toronto after 11 years…The line were Uroy Inspector Willie plus Early B @ the Mona Lisa banquet hall ( this would be Early B last appearance in Canada he got killed later in the year ) The dance was ok not a huge turn out.

The year was 1994 and Uroy started to re-build his sound once again….he debut back in Jamaica with a massive line up 4 years later @ Clarendon bamboo lawn April 1998

KING STURGAV TOUR DATES in 1998 USA CANADA & ENGLAND
    Florida 24 Oct 98 @ Mahi Temple _ Chaplin Josey Briggy Uroy L John P Frazer & Inspector.
    Toronto 18 Jul98 @ LA Guna Banquet hall _Ubrown Chaplin Uroy L Thompson & Inspector.
    New York 29 Aug 98 jah life dance a massive line up….@ Empire roller skating ring Bklyn.NY
    Birmingham England 6 Nov 98 Uroy Ubrown Josey Al Campbell Brigadier selector Danny Dread )
    London England 7 Nov 98 Uroy Ubrown Josey Al Campbell Brigadier ( selector Danny Dread )
    King Sturgav tour dates in 1999 Plus Japan tour dates
    Philadelphia 20 FEB 99 Chaplin Briggy Tanto Metro Josey Uroy ( New selector Ilawi )
    Philadelphia 27 Mar 99 same line up as above due to the 20 Feb. 99 got cancel
    Dorchester, Mass. 16 April 99 Chaplin Trees Josey Uroy selector Danny Dread Jah Screw.
    Hartford CT 17 April 99 Chaplin General Trees Uroy Josey Uroy ( select by Ilawi )
    Bronx NY Friday 23 April 99 Josey Brigadier Chaplin Teacher Uroy selector I Lawi
    Orlando Florida 1 May 99 Josey Wales Brigadier Jerry Charlie Chaplin ( selector Danny Dread)
    Washington DC Sat 8 May 99 Chaplin Josey Brigadier Uroy plus others ( Ilawi new selector)

3 dates in JAPAN May 10,11,12 1999 ( Yokohama, Osaka & Nagoya )

Bronx the Warehouse June 26 /99 Josey Briggy Chaplin Uroy Last time Josey dj on sturgav then)
    Miami Florida 27 Aug 99 R Joe Chaplin L Gibbons G Washington B Down Ilawi &Mix M steve

Yow...RASPECT dat!!! Ratings on the detail and precesion.

REVANCHE!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN YOU ASK BOUT SILK PON GAV OR JARO I ASSUME YOU ARE REFERRING TO FOUNDATION STYLE OF LIVE ARTISTS PON SOUND INNA THE 80'S...ALTHOUGH GARNETT SILK DID TOAST LIVE ON SOUNDS IN THE 80'S UNDER THE ALIAS OF "BIBOW / LIKKLE BIBOW"..HE NEVER TOAST PON GAV NOR JARO IN THE 80'S ..HE PROBABLY TOAST JARO IN THE EARLY 90'S....
    AHADI NI DENI...