Sponsored Ad

Thread: Purpleman

Confused1 Purpleman

What happened to Purpleman ? I always thought that he was a weak copy of Yellowman.

ever heard the album the yellow purpleand the nacy.purple had far better chunes then yellow man pon dat album

Confused1

He was better than Yellow, but nancy had the best tunes on dat album.

Their showcase album that Channel One put out i think has his best work. Both Yellow and him come nice, but i think Purple gets the best of him.

respect

I fukcs with Purpleman..Sandra Lee Buy A Big House For Me!

Yow, PURPLEMAN did tuff for real...I think that his pattern was actually better than Yellowman's too.

KING ON THE WAY ah one a di ruffest cuts I've still ever heard to date!

REVANCHE!!!!!!!!!!!

No

Purpleman's Get Me Mad 45 on the Hitbound label (1982) is one of my favourite tunes from that era. Very good dj. The Showdown LP with Yellowman is wicked from start to finish, with Purpleman *at least* tying with Yellow.

anybody know if purple and peter yellow were one and the same? similarity in voice, certain tune, and even photos was uncanny.

No

Yes yawd, they are one and the same.

Purpleman also released an album once by the name of Yellowman! The album is called Confessions and came on Vista in the early 80s. This is clearly not THE Yellowman, but 99% sure by Purpleman.

He released a nice LP with U-Brown called DJ COnfrontation, where he goes by the name of Peter Yellow (CF label).

Another fine album by him as Purpleman in combinations with Pappa Tollo is Purpleman Saves Pappa Tollo In A Dancehall, also on Vista. Wicked tunes on that one.

i thought they were the same person to, but they are not. i think purple past away few years ago

Who do you mean, GREENLIONCREW? Peter Yellow? I'm quite sure he is the same as Purpleman.

Peter Yellow is Purpleman as far as I know, who is someone completely different than Yellowman ofcourse (although Purpleman did release one album under the name Yellowman, as said above).

Quote Originally Posted by B.M.C.

Purpleman also released an album once by the name of Yellowman! The album is called Confessions and came on Vista in the early 80s. This is clearly not THE Yellowman, but 99% sure by Purpleman.

He released a nice LP with U-Brown called DJ COnfrontation, where he goes by the name of Peter Yellow (CF label).

Another fine album by him as Purpleman in combinations with Pappa Tollo is Purpleman Saves Pappa Tollo In A Dancehall, also on Vista. Wicked tunes on that one.
    respect for the info, yo confessions & dj confrontation so full a riddim to ras

check out wayne smiths youthman skanking lp if your not alredy familar with it, he sings over most of the same riddim from those 2

his tracks on the pappa tullo/purple lp were also featured on sister candy & purpleman- laser beam, which had a illustration of mellow yellow (my fav albino dj) on the cover for some reason

'HOT' was another mentionable lp of his

Confused1

Him dead ?

i dont think he's dead.
    I got some live cd's from a dance: foundation kind a thing: Jammys,scorpio & sturgav, recorded in April this year.
    It has like 40 entertainers on it & i'm 99.9% sure Purpleman is on it aswell.

COULD SOMEONE PUT A LINK UP FOR ME? I NEVER HEARD A THIS BREDDA. WHERE CAN I HEAR HIM TUNE DEM? HELP A LIL NIGGA OUT

Quote Originally Posted by B.M.C.

any one know where any of the above LP are available?? i have been trying (unsuccessfully) to track down a lot of Vista titles....

Old post about Purpleman