Sponsored Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 53

Thread: How unnu seh Frankie Paul a batty man

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,707

    Default How unnu seh Frankie Paul a batty man

    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lifes...ROGATORY__.asp

    Current dancehall culture is very different and derogatory

    Frankie Paul describes himself as a perfect pitch artiste - "that means when you can sing without going flat or off key", he explains. Indeed he is more than that - the dancehall master aka Jamaica's Stevie Wonder reputedly made Dennis Brown panicky and weak in the knees to perform after him at Sunsplash in 1989. Knowing Dennis Brown, how many people can do that?

    Paul Blake (Frankie Paul), was born blind October 19, 1965, but had his sight partially restored on a hospital ship when he was about eight. Now he sees only a little with one eye, but he does not see his visual impairment as a hindrance - "It has helped me to improve a lot of other things in my life - my performing, my music, my optimism and my dealings with people."
    A prolific artiste with a tremendous vocal range that exudes power and dignity and is as crisp and clear as a brand new recording, he first 'realised' that he could sing when he was about three- "I used to sing and my mother and her friends would to say, "Listen to him, he sounds good; I was of course flattered." If that was flattery then what would you call high praise from arguably the most prolific singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist of the 20th century?

    One morning in 1976, there was a surprise to be had by the students of the Salvation Army School for the Blind, 57 Mannings Hill Road in Kingston. "They [the teachers] had told us the day before that we would be having a special guest to visit us, we of course didn't know who it was. The next morning when the school bell rang, someone ran up to us and said, "I just saw Stevie Wonder, he's here!" I was like, "You're lying, you're lying." I couldn't believe it."

    Though he was only 11 at the time, Paul Blake, was already in awe of Stevie Wonder. "I used to listen to his music. I like Ray Charles too, he's great, but Stevie had that style, he was my favourite - for all times." That visit would prove to be the most inspirational moment of his young life. "We had great fun. He brought us a braile copier and we sang for him and he sang for us." And upon the urging of his classmates and teachers, he sang for Stevie, who was impressed by his obvious talent. "He said I should keep it up and that I'm gonna be a strong singer and that the world is gonna be in demand of me." Well who knew that Stevie Wonder was clairvoyant?

    Paul Blake's next big moment would come the year after he left school. "At the time I was living at Oxford Street [Downtown, Kingston] and I used to sing on the sidewalk and people would give me money. Sometimes I would go home with all four of my pockets full of money - coins and $2 bills," he laughed. "One day a guy named Stucko from Tivoli came up to me and he said to me, "You're wasting time man, I know some brothers I can introduce you to." So I told him, "I'll meet you at 9:00 am tomorrow." The next morning I was down in Tivoli and he took me to High Times Music and introduced me to Earl 'Chinna' Smith and Teddy Reynolds."

    Those introductions in 1980 would lead to Frankie Paul's first studio recordings, African Princess, Babylon Man and Give The Youths A Chance when he was only 15 and the name change from Singer Paul to Frankie Paul. "Earl 'Chinna' Smith suggested that I change my name because I was always talking about Frankie Beverly and Mays and Frank Sinatra. And we tried it and it worked."
    Within two years he was working with the Hookim brothers and their Channel One Studio crew. By 1983 he was dubbed the 'upcoming star' and was featured on two volumes of the Channel One Showdown Series, an orchestrated 'clash' between himself and Sugar Minott as well as himself and Little John on either side of the record.

    While at Channel One he also met up with producer Henry 'Junjo' Lawes who was instrumental in the careers of Barrington Levy, Josey Wales, Little John, Yellowman and Coco Tea.
    "I was scared to meet Junjo, because I heard he was a bad man. I was in the studio one day and I was saying, "I don't think I want to meet Mr Junjo Lawes, I hear he's a bad guy". But when I met him, he was one of the coolest persons I ever saw."

    Though Frankie Paul left the Channel One camp before Junjo, to pursue his career and do shows in the US, when he returned they hooked up again - this time to produce Frankie Paul's first big hit Worries In the Dance (1984) on the Getting Married riddim which was a faster version of the same song he had done before leaving Channel One and also Pass The Cushumpeng (1984).

    This was only the beginning for Frankie Paul as his music career would not only explode but his talent would be further honed, allowing him to be dubbed 'the dancehall master' and eventually putting him in the class of the crown prince of Reggae, Dennis Brown, one of his early musical influences. Subsequently, a series of albums and work with a cadre of producers, studios and musicians including King Jammy's, Harry J's, Studio One, Black Scorpio and George Phang and the singles Tidal Wave, Winsome, Cassanova, Fire Deh A Mus Mus Tail, Alesha and masterful interpretations of other artistes' work would follow.

    By this time also, he would have developed his unique and unmistakably Frankie Paul scat chant/phrase. "The first time I did it was in late 1982 when I was performing at the Brooklyn Armoury in New York. I figured I had to get the people in the audience to sing along with me and so I had to find something, a style for them. And I did it and everyone went right along with it." Thus the infamous and infectious call and response 'woh ho hoah' signature was born.

    Nowadays, with 48 albums under his belt, a relatively new record company (Extended Music) and a full touring schedule, Frankie Paul, a multi-instrumentalist himself (he plays drums, keyboards and a host of wind instruments), is just chilling. He considers Sarah, a cover of the original done by Starship and produced by King Jammy in 1987, to be his most successful tune to date, but admits that he doesn't have a favourite song of his - yet. He now resides in London, England, New York, USA and in Dippakunda, Gambia, West Africa which he describes as being "wonderful" and "a lot like Jamaica". He knows of six Jamaicans living there including himself and he now speaks Wolof, the primary language used in Gambia.

    On the rebound from a ten-year marriage which produced two of his 12 children [7 of which are adopted] and disbanded three years ago, Frankie Paul admits that, "I still have a crush on her, but I'm looking forward to getting married again in Gambia." In fact he has seven cheppes (Wolof for women) waiting on him in Gambia and views polygamy simply as living.
    Frankie Paul plans to settle permanently in Gambia, which he describes as a more peaceful environment than that of Jamaica. He described current dancehall culture as "very different [from the music of the 1980s] and derogatory. It's provoking to young people and does not promote decency, what it promotes is badness and ignorance- anyone who wants their children to grow properly, won't expose them to that, I don't want my children exposed to that."

    In response to rumours of his alleged homosexuality and drug addiction, Frankie Paul says that he his not gay. "That's not me at all". He however admits that, "I did try crack in the days when I was up there, for about a year. It was a group of us - I spent a lot of money on [my habit], but if I had known what it would be like, I wouldn't have done it at all. At the time I did it to fit in, but I've been clean since 1988."
    Though he doesn't get to visit Jamaica as much as he would like to, when he is here he spends his time 'flossing', which he explains is "driving around the hills of Jamaica and hanging out with my friends and people in the communities. We spend the time eating and chatting and drinking of course. Red Stripe is my favourite drink, but I also like Appleton, cognac, Hypnotiq and Belvedere, I love vodka."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    In di Milk Plant - PRODUCTION A GWAAN
    Posts
    9,153

    Default

    Has he denied it before? I thought he just ignored the issue.. glad to hear him say it!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    285

    Default Frankie Paul

    Frankie Paul is a phenomenol Artist with tremendous talent I give him full praise and respect and I look very much forward on working with him musical in the near future.



    Ono Haffi Rate FP check out Prince Jammy 87 and watch how FP wreck dung di place!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    ENGLAND
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Only a simpleton would call the man gay without proof

  5. #5

    Default

    Plus he's leggally blind...so he might have slipped it into the shit pit by accident a couple times!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    169

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default I DO INA DE F R E

    Frankie Paul is one of the greatest dancehall singers ever. THATS AN INDISPUTABLE FACT.

    But the truth is the truth, he is a male child molester. Call it pedophile, batty man whatever.

    1. I know a parent whos child he molested and gave the youth 5 not to talk. It wasn't until after the youths balls swell up on him and they took him to the doctor that they realised. Obviously because of the child they don't want it spread too much.

    2. I have been shown youths in Brixton dub studio who FP give all him dub money, cloths and all kinds of things to.

    But the Fu[kery that I can not take is his constant word play. FP always allows reporters to ask him about the gay argument and even sometimes encourages it. Then when he is asked instead of a straight no he starts running around the houses. He used to say "Mi naw do weh dem say mi a do" now he has changed it to "That's not me at all". What's wrong with a simple "NO"???

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default PLUS...

    Visor, how you never also mention that he was the first one to start call Beenie man name. He used to say to interviewers stuff like "a same way dem seh bout Stitchie and Beenie man", or "if mi gay dat mean Beenie man gay to cause a same way...".

    This is why after his interview with Michelle Lickshot from The Voice newspaper in England, Beenie came back from the UK saying he would never work with FP again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

  9. #9

    Default

    The only way yuh can seh FP gay is if FP fuck you already...end of story!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default Rigth....

    I agree Lyrical but this bwoy ya look like him a really try promote dem ting ya fi real.


    Wid him wrong hole and f r e

  11. #11

    Default

    FRANKIE PAUL fuck you...or you see FRANKIE PAUL fuck a man yet?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    damn Frankie wanna have a harem of women in Gambia.. good for him..
    anyone hear his new tune on KC Jockey's new riddim Gwaan Hype, its a gyal tune "gonna do the wiild thing".... not bad at all....

    true @ yambo.. lol.. nuff rumours deh bout.. but didnt beenie also say FP is gay.. so according to ur reasoning.. ahahaha... a joke mi a joke still..

    nuff rumours out deh, but the way i see them veteran sounds respect FP and they know him betta, and for longer time so a rumours dem muss be (IMO)... the vets nuh stop defend FP..

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default FOOOL

    Elton John never fu(k me but I know say him a batty man.
    George Micheal never fu(k me but I know say him a batty man.

    Same way FP never fu(k me but I know say him a male child molester.

    Now you and you batty man joke dem go sid dung. Bout "he might have slipped it into the shit pit by accident a couple times".

  14. #14

    Default

    ELTON JOHN and GEORGE MICHAEL have come out of the closet...FRANKIE PAUL says he is not gay...and mi never hear nuh body seh him fuck dem yet...your DADDY is a BATTYMAN mi now dat for a fact...so it mus be true!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default Alright

    The only way yuh can seh FP gay is if FP fuck you already...end of story!!!
    your DADDY is a BATTYMAN mi now dat for a fact...so it mus be true!!!
    Was that a confession???

  16. #16

    Default

    Yes it's a confession...I confess that yu daddy is a BATTYMAN!!!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default Check again....

    Quote Originally Posted by qb1
    nuff rumours out deh, but the way i see them veteran sounds respect FP and they know him betta, and for longer time so a rumours dem muss be (IMO)... the vets nuh stop defend FP..
    Sounds like Stone Love and King Addis said years ago that they did not want to work with FP again.

    Now let's put the gay argument to one side. Every time FP go dance or to cut dubs, he always has atleast 1 most times 2 youths with him under 19. This could be because he is afraid of getting robbed but back in the day they even used to dress exactly like FP (probably different colours). The ppl paying FP would have to give the money directly to the youths. If you are buying drinks, weed, food etc... you also have to buy for the youths. If you are supplying transport you have to also pick up and drop off the youths. If it's far hence hotel you also have to make sure there is room in FP's room for the youths.

    Now if it was innocent then all well and good but ppl like Father Pow and Rory were saying imagine it is true and he is molesting the youths then by giving them money and supplying hotel rooms etc it's like you supported it.

    Fun and joke a side it's a serious concern
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LYRICAL
    Sounds like Stone Love and King Addis said years ago that they did not want to work with FP again.........................................
    Now if it was innocent then all well and good but ppl like Father Pow and Rory were saying imagine it is true and he is molesting the youths then by giving them money and supplying hotel rooms etc it's like you supported it.

    Fun and joke a side it's a serious concern

    are u 100% sure about that one?? u got proof??
    cause i got a SL tape from a few months ago (early 2004) where RORY said he will buss back Frankie Paul, and that the yutes dont respect him enough, he then played a few FP exclusives back to back.... i even spoke to him AND Barney, and both said that they've been pushing FP and trying to stop all these rumours about him..

    not sure bout Addies.. check with the Addies family on the board, but I dont think Addies stop playing FP.. they just stopped playing all together..
    and Downbeat's Tony Screw always plays atleast 1 FP per dance i seen him at for the last 10 yrs...

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default Yeah

    Bredrin as I said no one had a problem playing FP tunes, the problem was always the other stuff.

    This is why I said the gay argument aside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

  20. #20

    Default

    Of course he's not sure...using that logics BOUNTY ah molest PREDATOR and JAGWA!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    1,029

    Default

    yambo stop fuckin visor daddy...

    wha bout where him say him smoke crack for just a year...

    regardless FP a great artist, even if him the Jacko of reggae....

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,977

    Default

    As for Frankie Paul having youths with him in the studio, he's blind he always has someone else with him to count the money.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    2,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LYRICAL
    Bredrin as I said no one had a problem playing FP tunes, the problem was always the other stuff.

    This is why I said the gay argument aside.
    true, but u also said that SL didnt wanna work with him, and according to the SL management FP was recently in the SL studios working on some tunes...

    no almshouse nor disrespect.. just trying to straighten things out..

    bless sameways..

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default From you see dem yu wi know deeeeeem

    so he might have slipped it into the shit pit by accident a couple times!!!
    The only way yuh can seh FP gay is if FP fuck you already...end of story!!!
    your DADDY is a BATTYMAN mi now dat for a fact...so it mus be true!!!
    Yes it's a confession...I confess that yu daddy is a BATTYMAN!!!
    Of course he's not sure...using that logics BOUNTY ah molest PREDATOR and JAGWA!!
    Yu love de batty man ting eeeh bwoy?? All when man say put it to one side you tek it back a molest poor Preditor and Jagwa!!!

    Notice even the first one him not even say slip once. Him bout slip a couple of times

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visor
    Frankie Paul is one of the greatest dancehall singers ever. THATS AN INDISPUTABLE FACT.

    But the truth is the truth, he is a male child molester. Call it pedophile, batty man whatever.
    Nuh yuh seh FP being a BATTYMAN is an INDISPUTABLE FACT...mi waan know how yuh know this is an INDISPUTABLE FACT...unless him seh so, him fuck yu, or yu see him fuck a next man?

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default Yow you dumb fuck

    Go learn how fi read. Mi no even ago answer fool mi a wait see if you really dat blood(laaawt dumb fi true.

  27. #27

    Default

    So is FP a battyman or not...and if so...how do you know that...explain for the people dem!!!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default Wooooyy

    Heay DumBo the circus is leaving town, RUN ...

  29. #29

    Default

    Just as I thought...hearsay yuh tek bring as fact...pathetic!!!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default Blert naught star

    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

  31. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LYRICAL
    Sounds like Stone Love and King Addis said years ago that they did not want to work with FP again.
    Quote Originally Posted by LYRICAL
    Bredrin as I said no one had a problem playing FP tunes
    Watch him a chat fuckery...

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default Hey DumBo!!! Since you can't decifer info here boy

    Quote Originally Posted by Visor
    1. I know a parent whos child he molested and gave the youth 5 not to talk. It wasn't until after the youths balls swell up on him and they took him to the doctor that they realised. Obviously because of the child they don't want it spread too much.

    2. I have been shown youths in Brixton dub studio who FP give all him dub money, cloths and all kinds of things to.

    But the Fu[kery that I can not take is his constant word play. FP always allows reporters to ask him about the gay argument and even sometimes encourages it. Then when he is asked instead of a straight no he starts running around the houses. He used to say "Mi naw do weh dem say mi a do" now he has changed it to "That's not me at all". What's wrong with a simple "NO"???
    Here boy...

  33. #33

    Default

    You know the yute...or was the yute you...dat is called hearsay fassy...I know dat your modda is a man...does dat make it true?

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default OK...

    Quote Originally Posted by qb1
    true, but u also said that SL didnt wanna work with him, and according to the SL management FP was recently in the SL studios working on some tunes...

    no almshouse nor disrespect.. just trying to straighten things out..

    bless sameways..
    Never see this King too busy a watch DumBo a trip over him lead.

    "Mouth tun cross way so it mek fi say anything" so you most probably right as this was the same time that SL stated that they would not be playing anymore gun tunes. When last you here a gun tune on SL.....

    Exactly..... Respect
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Round a Blighty
    Posts
    338

    Default You can't forget your fantasies for 10 minutes

    so he might have slipped it into the shit pit by accident a couple times!!!
    The only way yuh can seh FP gay is if FP fuck you already...end of story!!!
    your DADDY is a BATTYMAN mi now dat for a fact...so it mus be true!!!
    Yes it's a confession...I confess that yu daddy is a BATTYMAN!!!
    Of course he's not sure...using that logics BOUNTY ah molest PREDATOR and JAGWA!!
    I know dat your modda is a man...does dat make it true?
    Hey Dumbo see if you can leave you private thoughts out of this no???

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default Fi real

    Dat bwoy DumBo have some serious issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

  37. #37

    Default

    Yup...mi have issues wit liard like yu and yu friend VISOR...bout yu know dis and yu know dat...you claim seh yuh live next door a BOUNTY and VISOR claim seh FP molest him likkle brother...old liard unnuh!!!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default It wat happen fren

    You daddy neva play wid yuh when you likkle.

    You one room couldn't have been dat big.
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

  39. #39

    Default

    bout one room...nigga live inna APARTMENT in OAKLANDS...when yu step up likka further UPTOWN into a HOUSE come chat to me!!!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    9,826

    Default Yow big and serious

    Quote Originally Posted by YamBo
    Yup...mi have issues wit liard like yu and yu friend VISOR...bout yu know dis and yu know dat...you claim seh yuh live next door a BOUNTY and VISOR claim seh FP molest him likkle brother...old liard unnuh!!!
    A bad min yu a work wid my youth???

    Bwoy life hard....
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Signal
    "A dat really gwaan mi Don vampire teeth dem use fi bite di han???
    Sell out dem soul and no memba di place dem come form
    AN WHERE IT ALL BEGAN!!!
    "

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •