Sponsored Ad

Thread: PEER PRESSURE ... the debate!

Default PEER PRESSURE ... the debate!

ME AND MY BREDREN WERE TALKIN BOUT THIS THE OTHER DAY AND I WANNA SEE WHAT U PEEPS FEEL BOUT IT!

IMO ...
    PEER PRESSURE IS JUSS A lame EXCUSE TO GIVE WHEN U DO SOMETHIN THAT YOU KNOW U SHOULDNT HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE

WE ALL HAVE FREE WILL AND THE ABILITY TO MAKE OUR OWN DECISIONS .... SO HOW CAN ANYONE actually PRESSURE U INTO DOIN SOMETING. PEERS CAN ENTISE (sp ) as much AS THEY WANT BUT THE ACTUAL DECISION IS URS .... AND WHEN U MAKE THAT DECISION ... dont look for stupid excuses!

WHAT DO U PEEPS THINK?
    DOES PEER PRESSURE REALLY EXIST?
    WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO U?

EXAMPLES, DISCUSS, AGREE, DISAGREE?

i think it's all a state of mind...if yuh can easily be influenced by others then yuh mind is weak (i think we've all been guilty of it)...also societies depiction of things can also lead to your belief that if someone else is doin it/encouragin yuh to do it, then it must be done...

my two and a few...
    Livin' Life...Happiness!!!

BUT THE FINAL DECISION ON WHETER TO DO SOMETING OR NOT ALL BOILS DOWN TO WHAT U WANNA DO, NOT WHAT OTHERS WANT U TO DO ... therfore, peer pressure should be used as part of an explanation of why YOU CHOSE to do someting, not a reason for you to have done someting.

Nahhh
    We ALLl submit to some levels of peer pressure, however some folks mental is strong enough to go against the grain most times. It dont have to be nothing big, but something as simple as you and your boy going to da club....we can go to club 1 or club 2...he wants to go to club 1, you wanna go to club 2...however you both end up rubbing up on club 1 chicks....he peer pressued you into going.

Originally posted by spades
    Nahhh
    We ALLl submit to some levels of peer pressure, however some folks mental is strong enough to go against the grain most times. It dont have to be nothing big, but something as simple as you and your boy going to da club....we can go to club 1 or club 2...he wants to go to club 1, you wanna go to club 2...however you both end up rubbing up on club 1 chicks....he peer pressued you into going.
    No he didnt. Peer Pressure cannot/shouldnot be used as a direct excuse for doin someting. My friend may have used 'peer pressure' in an attempt to infulence my decision, but unless i want/wanted (even juss a little bit) to go to club 1 then i wouldnt go there, and thats all a matter

IMO its juss an excuse, as opposed to a reason.
    For ex. a child starts smoking cigarettes. WHen asked by his parents why he started, he says his friends pressured him into it. BULSHIT like i said b4, aint noone HAVE to DO nuttin they dont feel to do.
    Unless there is a consequence of harm, then the CHOICE IS COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY your own. and if u make a choice wheter good/bad... dont weasel out of the choice you made by blaming others ... cause dats wack!

... as captain planet so elouquently stated .... THE POWER IS YOURS!

Originally posted by Embassy Crew

No he didnt. Peer Pressure cannot/shouldnot be used as a direct excuse for doin someting. My friend may have used 'peer pressure' in an attempt to infulence my decision, but unless i want/wanted (even juss a little bit) to go to club 1 then i wouldnt go there, and thats all a matter

IMO its juss an excuse, as opposed to a reason.
    For ex. a child starts smoking cigarettes. WHen asked by his parents why he started, he says his friends pressured him into it. BULSHIT like i said b4, aint noone HAVE to DO nuttin they dont feel to do.
    Unless there is a consequence of harm, then the CHOICE IS COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY your own. and if u make a choice wheter good/bad... dont weasel out of the choice you made by blaming others ... cause dats wack!

... as captain planet so elouquently stated .... THE POWER IS YOURS!
    Its different with kids because they are so imprssionable. I child gotta really be mentally strong for 90% of his boys to be doing something and he not follow. Yes good parenting and active participation in your kids life is part of it, but the decision will ultimately rely on the child. Nuh mount a teaching and beaten nahh go stop a pickey curiosity when everybody round him a smoke week.