Sponsored Ad

Thread: Was Ganja Found On King Solomons Grave

Default Was Ganja Found On King Solomons Grave

"It was found on king solomons grave he was the wisest man in his days" Killa

The most often quoted saying about Ganja in Reggae Music is that "it was found growing on King Solomonís Grave." Since King Solomon was considered the wisest man to roam the earth, Some consider Marijuana to be the "Wisdom Weed".

where is King Solomonís grave? The City Of David?

If this Legend has some factual background it should be found in some form of documentation.

And if it did somehow factually grow on his grave...Why is that important and a justification to continue to tell this story thru music? If dandelions were found to have also grown on his grave should they be praised also.

KIng Solomon.... freemasonry?

THIS IS NOT A RASTA POST. Its a ganja post, for facts on the weed and the grave.

Respect

Yo kingman, mi search fi dat verse in de Bible but mi neva find. Smady come wit di truth nuh...
    ad space for sale...inquire within

I didn't think that they had found King SOlomons Tomb anyway????

http://www.rism.org/isg/dlp/ganja/ne...0001203_1.html

Peace
    RESPECT

Kings County, NYC or in Transit wid JAhsun Unlimit

it is a metaphor........parables.......dat is de way de bible speaks. IMO, JJP feels dat sum of de logic dat is expressed in de bible are true to a degree but tru it wuz constructed to blind us and to enslave us de truest will tek a few more generations b4 it is fully overstood.

Solomon rep a wise kING......whether if him wuz real or not de relationship wid him and kaya is dat most powerful wise kingz blaze dat. Since dem ah describe Solomon as a KIng dat handle any matter no matter how far extreme.......he found a solution......hence him prolly meddy under sum kaya and kno wha gwan.

So IMO......when him pass him gave de world kaya and dat we must use it to meddy and to ez and calm we selves.

Just 1 POV.

Bullshit!

if you need proof ask half a de weedman you know to do some simple long division and this whole question will have no meaning.

No that passage is not in the bible about weed growing pon him tomb.

FUCKRY.

Originally posted by mawgamanbunya
    Bullshit!

if you need proof ask half a de weedman you know to do some simple long division and this whole question will have no meaning.

No that passage is not in the bible about weed growing pon him tomb.

FUCKRY.

it is a methphor and/or a parable. Just like most of de bible. And wha?

It just a freaking lie.
    Where inna de bible it sey dat weed pon him grave!!
    hahahahahaha

nuh bodda look inna any translation / transliteration cuz it nuh dey

It just a freaking lie.
    Where inna de bible it sey dat weed pon him grave!!
    hahahahahaha

nuh bodda look inna any translation / transliteration cuz it nuh dey
    ok. But answer me dis......which part is Noah ark or which part dem bury Jesus and etc. Since it in deh.

Originally posted by jahjahpickney

ok. But answer me dis......which part is Noah ark or which part dem bury Jesus and etc. Since it in deh.
    He said where in the BIBLE is it found.
    And it isn't!!
    Noah's ark and dthe burial of Jesus both are found in the bible

that info is not in the bible, it's orgins come from the sitings of the archeologists who claimed they found it...however legend & tradition is what links Solomon & the ganja...not the bible...but it was believed that he drank, sexed & smoked nuff & was the wisest man ever to live...Ethiopian folklore more than anything else...just like the arc of the convenant

He said where in the BIBLE is it found.
    And it isn't!!
    Noah's ark and dthe burial of Jesus both are found in the bible
    show de passsage and ting and draw up a map so me can go desso and see fi myself like how me can go and see de pyramids dem and de valley of de kingz.........and may I also add dat those land marks I mentioned existed waaay b4 de bible and de time frame of Jesus and de ark.

So send on so I can kno.

it may not have been found on king solomon's grave but it's leaves are for the healing of the nations.Tell me must bring up the verse in the bible that asks that too nuh ?

from the following site:

Frequently Asked Questions
    The Wisdom Weed?
    Question:

Isn't marijuana called the wisdom weed? What do you think of all of the reggae singers that claim that marijuana was found on the grave of King Solomon? Is this true?

Answer:

The most often quoted saying about Ganja in Reggae Music is that "it was found growing on King Solomonís Grave." Since King Solomon was considered the wisest man to roam the earth, Rastas consider Marijuana to be the "Wisdom Weed". This argument is absurd. First of all, where is King Solomonís grave? The Bible mentions his death in both I Kings 11:42, 43b and II Chronicles 9:30, 31b stating that "Solomon reigned in Jerusalem over all Israel forty years. Then he rested with his fathers and was buried in the city of David his father." Besides mentioning that he was buried in the "City of David", the Bible never mentions the exact location of Solomon's final resting place. When someone tells me that Marijuana was found growing on his grave I always ask "Where is his grave?" I doubt that any Rasta knows the exact where-about of his grave much less has ever visited it. I have never seen a picture of Marijuana growing at his grave site. And even if it grew their at one time; SO WHAT? If dandelions grew on his grave would you smoke them also?

Solomon was a wise man, but he also made many mistakes, breaking virtually every one of the laws that God set out for the Kings of Israel to obey. Sure he was granted the gift of divine wisdom by God and wrote many proverbs, poetry and songs, but he also gave us a great example of what not to do as a servant of the Most High. To pattern your life after the actions of King Solomon would surely lead to destruction.

Besides, where in the Bible does it say that we should smoke anything, much less that which grows on an in individuals grave? This claim is just another ridiculous attempt to justify oneís sin. True wisdom is found at the EMPTY grave of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. In the case of this grave, it is not what IS there that counts, but rather WHO is missing; Jesus. He rose from the grave and is the author of all wisdom.

Marijuana is not a Wisdom Weed. On the contrary, it lessens your intelligence. It is a know fact that the use of this weed actually kills your brain cells. I have seen many friends that through the habitual use of Ganja have become stupider and stupider. Often times this damage is irreparable. In fact some of my former friends that smoked marijuana daily have become permanently stoned. The stupid stoner stereotype of "Spiccoli" in the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and found in countless movies following is true to life in many high schools today. I have seen individuals like this go so far into the deep-end that they can never return to normalcy.

Seek wisdom in Christ and His Word and not in a plant that He created.

http://www.lionofzion.com/faq/78da33...m+Weed%3F.html

Default Ganja and the Bible?

This is why I personally come out of the organization ting seen - cah most Ras use the bible and the bible nuh have nuttin to do wid I culture seen!

Whether Solomon smoke it or not I will continue to support its use and promote its growth. All plants - don't care how toxic - in there natural state should be free. No human should ever exalt themself over creation. And while we dabate this nuff companies are making billions manufacturing drugs derived from or simulated from natural medicine.

Mi personally bunn out di whole ah King George and Shakespeare battyman dem inna di belzebub book!

Knowlege Dat

ONE LOVE
    Had to Return and claim what is mine...

so without any facts or any good reasons why this idea should be repeated can we put this to rest as a myth.

A legend.

A story that some use to justify, and other use to strengthen the beliefs.

something that will make you think everytime you hear it in your favorite reggae song, and make you say, thats not true.

Big up to everyone in the post, i would have really liked someone to have come with some proof, cause it is interesting.

Bless

Default Hmmmmm

Originally posted by Walsh
    so without any facts or any good reasons why this idea should be repeated can we put this to rest as a myth.

A legend.

A story that some use to justify, and other use to strengthen the beliefs.

Right and doesnt that describe the majority of biblical stories.no substantial evidence to prove true or false just historical,archeological and biblical accounts. Mi juss get a chance fi really tek in this reasoning and penny it good....Haffi come back when mi reach home an read the rest....

Isis
    LionHeart Elite Sound
    STAINLESS IS THE MOVEMENT!!! LOOK OUT FOR WU WORLDWIDE DJ COALITION-CARRIBEAN COMING SOON!!

Contact: rjc@Wutangmanagement.com or Stainlesspromotions@gmail.com

luger is offline Member needs to UPDATE email info or CONFIRM email address

have seen many friends that through the habitual use of Ganja have become stupider and stupider. Often times this damage is irreparable. In fact some of my former friends that smoked marijuana daily have become permanently stoned. The stupid stoner stereotype of "Spiccoli" in the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and found in countless movies following is true to life in many high schools today. I have seen individuals like this go so far into the deep-end that they can never return to normalcy.
    him just have stupid frenns ...ganja aint fi dunceheads what about this line from a artist that sing mi gone to budapest fi get the buda or suppm like that the buda sess from budapest sess a nuh buda sess inn budapest mi have to digg up the tune but i belive its kartell ...

well the bible isn't the sole authority on history...Solomon's grave does exist just like Noah's aRc but the bible only told it's story not the real world effects...like where they're both at now...although both have been claimed to be found...Ethiopian tradion says they used the herb...Herb is mentioned in the bible a few times & yes the good book does mention smoking & how holy it is...yes...

so if the ques is whether or not Solomon's grave is mentioned in the bible the ans is no...if the ques is whether or not ganja is mentioned in the bible the ans is yes...if u ques is whewther the bible mentions smoking the ans is yes..

I'm from a place where there's only looove!

Lmao

D...Ras!!!!! Hiiiiiii!! :-)

gonna stick around for a lil while?

*Virtuous*