Sponsored Ad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any1 reaching sturgrav and volcano tonight

Boy the dance could have been one of the wickedest tings but what was sold on the poster wasn't what it was deemed to be I thought it was gonna be two sounds on the floor playing there tunes with man riding riddim but it was a cheap value stage show with top artist and a very poor sound system that couldn't hold the size of the hall, felt very sorry for the artists as they tried there hardest to do what they could on the poor set if it was a decent set the dance would ave been off the hook. For me Coco tea, Frankie Paul, Yellow man and Twitch were on it but the set let them down trees was vex cos he couldn't hear himself and lost the vibes, briggy u couldn't hear one word he was saying as the bassline drowned out everything. All in all 5 out of ten from me promoters dem were laughing around 2000 people was there I don't think people would come out so easy again after Saturday nite we've been through the years of artists being advertised on a bill and not turning up, to all artists being there and now being let down by poor sound quality for goodness sake it's 2013 and we live in England look how easy it is to get good quality PA systems so what's with that !!! the promoters need to stop cutting corners on the wrong things it was such a shame cos u can see by the turn out in brom and london dance fans are dying for something decent to bring them out of there homes .

Scorpion see wha mi ah seh about how it used to be and how it's now?

Is warpan to these prmoters?..how you can short change the people them so with ah rubbish sound system and the artist them caan't even hear themselves and ah veteran artists that come fe work.

Fuckrey ah Birmingham then more fuckrey ah London, some promoters only see money, count and skin teet at how much them ah make from the gate no love for or care for the people who ah pay them hard earned moni.

This is 2013 as Scorpion seh, its not like you can't find ah decent set theier are nuff about and then you short change the people with this eediat ting of ah bruckdown full of bass set...kmt...is ah good ting mi change my mind about reaching seen this to mani times...

I went to the one in Brum. The artists comming on at 3am instead of 1:30 was taking the piss. But to be fair it did overun. I left at the end just after half six. Some of the artists were hanging around with people have photos taken with em. I enjoyed the night especially Briggy, Cocoa Tea and U Roy. U Roy came on for longer right at the end when a lot of people had gone home.
    Don't know why it was billed as Sturgav meets Volcano as I didn't remember hearing any Volcano dubplates and only a few from Sturgav.

http://youtu.be/qsgKifEBLxg

This link shows coco tea trying his hardest to get a vibe of the set till he couldn't take no more and walks of stage cussing the sound
    Last edited by Mr Scorpion; 04-01-2013 at 12:30 PM. Reason: *

LIKE SELECTA G SAID ...NOT A GOOD LOOK
    On My Grave They Will Write In

Green This Was Not A Man But A Fucking Machine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Scorpion View Post
    Boy the dance could have been one of the wickedest tings but what was sold on the poster wasn't what it was deemed to be I thought it was gonna be two sounds on the floor playing there tunes with man riding riddim but it was a cheap value stage show with top artist and a very poor sound system that couldn't hold the size of the hall, felt very sorry for the artists as they tried there hardest to do what they could on the poor set if it was a decent set the dance would ave been off the hook. For me Coco tea, Frankie Paul, Yellow man and Twitch were on it but the set let them down trees was vex cos he couldn't hear himself and lost the vibes, briggy u couldn't hear one word he was saying as the bassline drowned out everything. All in all 5 out of ten from me promoters dem were laughing around 2000 people was there I don't think people would come out so easy again after Saturday nite we've been through the years of artists being advertised on a bill and not turning up, to all artists being there and now being let down by poor sound quality for goodness sake it's 2013 and we live in England look how easy it is to get good quality PA systems so what's with that !!! the promoters need to stop cutting corners on the wrong things it was such a shame cos u can see by the turn out in brom and london dance fans are dying for something decent to bring them out of there homes .

Selecta G
    REAL SOUND..........HAVE MACHINE not a MURSE

Quote Originally Posted by Selecta_G View Post

Selecta G

See it deh selecta G

Wow I thought how they promote it was exactly how dem advertise it.....both sounds shoulda juggle fi ah hr....and had all the artist come on stage and run tune live pan both ah Di sound dem...a real 80s 90s dance.....oh well

I was at the Birmingham dance & as I did not buy a ticket in advance I was directed to an Audi car in the carpark that had binliners at all the windows the front passenger window was open about 2" and you was asked to pay 35 / ticket then rejoin the queue to get in. I got the feeling due to low ticket sales the artist we're waiting to get paid somewhere else before going to the Tower.