Sponsored Ad

Thread: A YOUNG SOUND LOOKING FOR ADVICE FROM THE ELDERS

Default A YOUNG SOUND LOOKING FOR ADVICE FROM THE ELDERS

BLESSINGS TO ALL IN DHR AND THE FOUNDATION THREAD UM LOOKING FOR SUM INPUT ON A PROBLEM UM HAVING WITH A FEW ARTIST WE TRYING TO WORK WITH N BRING THROUGH AS NEW ARTIST REPRESENTING THE SOUND LIKE THE GOOD SOUNDS THAT HAD DJS N SINGERS THAT BUSS CAUSE THE SOUND BUSS. I HAVE CUM TO REALIZE AT MY YOUNG AGE OF 23 THAT THE BIG CHANGE OR DECLINE IN SOUND ERA WHEN NEW SOUNDS CAME OUT THEY NEVA BUSS A NEW ARTIST OR BUILD A DJ OR SINGER THAT WAS APART OF THE SOUND. MOSTLY ALL NEW SOUNDS CUT DUB OF ARTIST THAT PPL ALREADY KNW OR HEAR OF FROM SUM WHERE THEY DNT CREATE NEW ARTIST OR CARRY THEM LIKE THE OLD SOUNDS.2ND ARTIST THAT BUSS N MAKE IT DNT COME SOUND CLASH OR DANCE UNLESS THEY GET MONEY FI SHOW NOT SURE IF BACK IN THE DAY EVERY ARTIST GOT PAID THAT CUM ON STAGE TO BLESS DE MIC AND SING A FEW TUNES TO NICE UP DE PLACE BUT WHEN I LISTEN TO JARO OR STONE LOVE DANCES BEFORE 96 PURE ARTIST PASS THROUGH N TOUCH DE MIC FOR FEW SECONDS N SAY GOOD NIGHT N GWAN BACK DEM PART OF DE DANCE Y THIS DNT HAPPEN NO MORE WITH OUT GETTING PAID JUST TO GIVE FANS A LYRIC OR TWO. UM LOOKING TO ATLEAST PLAY A FEW VENUES N BUSS MY ARTIST WEN IT RIGHT TO ALLOW THEM TO GET SHINE N SAME TIME IT GET PPL TALKING BOUT HOW DE SOUND HAVE A GOOD SHOW PACKAGE WITH THEIR BOX ARTIST N SELCTA LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS WELL FROM WAT I CAN TELL WEN I LISTEN TO ALL THE OLD TAPS OR MP3S ONLINE. BUT BACK TO MY PROB THE ARTIST WE WORKING WITH WANT RAP 1 DAY THAN DJ A NEXT THAN SINGER THAN WANT CHANGE THEIR ACCENT JUST CRAZY STUFF LIKE GEMICS THEY YOUNG N JUST TRYIN TO FIND THEIR WAY BUT DNT KNW IF THE OLD SOUNDS HAD THIS PROB THEY HAVE GOOD TUNES IN REGGAE OK IN RAP BUT THEY DNT STICK TO 1 STYLE THEY CHANGING CONSTANTLY CAUSE THEY HEAR SOME ELSE THEY LIKE SO THEY TR THAT BUT I DNT WORK I TELL THEM U HAVE TO CREAT YOUR OWN STYL THAT WORKS FOR U THAT FITS U THAT U CAN DO. I TRY GET THEM LISTEN TO FOUNDATION TUNE TO GET HOW STYLES HAVE CHANGED THROUGH THE YEARS TO NOW BUT THEY THINK IT WONT HELP. I LISTEN TO AS MUCH OLD DANCE'S AND CLASH I CAN FIND TO EDUCATE MYSELF BOUT THE ERA BUT IT SEEMS ASKING SUM PPL WHO ARTIST R OR WHO SINGS THIS SONG OR THAT SONG THEY RIDICULE YOU FOR NOT KNOWING WHO THE ARTIST IS INSTEAD OF EDUCATING TO KEEP THE CULTURE GOING BY INFORMATION BEING PASSED ON LIKE EVERY GREAT CULTURE IN HISTORY THE ELDERS PASSED IT ON TO THE YOUNGSTERS SO I ASK CAN YOU ELDERS START A FOUNDATION ARTIST THREAD ARTIST A-Z WITH A LIL BIO OR INFO N SUM TRACKS SO YOUNGSTERS THAT WANT TO LEARN CAN HAVE INFORMATION TO LEARN IF ITS NOT TO MUCH TO ASK NO BIAS INFO JUST FACTS PLZ CAUSE THAT ALSO CAUSE DECLINE IN DANCE AND CLASH BIAS AND BAD MIND PPL BUT JUST LOOKING FOR HELP THE ARTIST THREAD I GUESS ILL START AFTER THIS BUT JUST LOOKING GOOD ADVICE FOR A YOUNG SOUND STARTING OUT WE KNW IT TAKE MONEY NOT LOOKING THAT TALK!!!!

we have foundation threads in galore buddy.....you typing is a lil thick but what i get is you wanna start buying dubs?? and work with an artist but them always giving you problems with lyrics and styles ??......well welcome to the world
    On My Grave They Will Write In

Green This Was Not A Man But A Fucking Machine!!!

not realy buying dubs i mean working wif ppl that r looking to be a artist they young between 16-22 so they just starting to write n start their craft so how do i help cause they play on the sound but do a little singing or dj on de side n dem good just lose focus thinking they have to sound like other ppl instead their selves

welllllllll all i can say is work with who works with you ......if them want to cross genre before establishing them selves in 1 then it is their problem...cause you can lead a

it can never happen.u got to born around late 70s & 80s to have that vibes,kidz under 25, vibes to tape when them can fine one.or what they hear play in they yard.they cant be. what they not.
    it was a real hard life ting.when it come to chat mic,to chat mic is a in born thing.,,now every man and them sister want to DJ and play sound,,,,

not goin say it never goin be but it real hard they have to see established sounds doing it first ...

i knw it is a born thing n how ppl grow brings the lyrics talent or skill n yes they have to listen to back in de days sound n big sound but dem to knw how it start how and continue but thats wat um trying as de oldest pon de sound give them wat little knowledge i have of foundation n sound biz but i only knw cause i ask qustions i listen back any old dance i can find to knw wat tune or artist was bussin dem time deh n find out a lil bout the sounds n venues n wat made the dance so big or flop. i knw they aint doing the same but i tell them to do the same it would help if they even wana make a attempt in diss biz gotta knw where u cum from if u wana knw where u gona be

Yes What you are trying to do is impossible, you need the old dj's

What you are trying to do is impossible, you need the old dj's, these new djs were not brought up on 70s and 80s, even the sounds that came out during that time do not play like that anymore, I could name a few(UK & JA), but I won't, what you need to do is link up with the old djs if you want that style, Please make sure you find a good selector first and foremost all teams need a manager the players are your selections, too many sounds nowadays have not got a good selector, and these sound owners especially in the uk some how think they are selectors, and they can't select a tune

PERSONALLY I DON'T SEE WHY THE NEW GENERATION OF YOUTHS CAN'T RUN A SOUND LIKE YESTER-YEAR......

MAYBE THEY CAN'T IMMITATE THE STYLE OF THE ORIGINAL SOUND DEM,BUT THAT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD THING.....
    tell the truth... tell it ever... cause it what it will....becah who ever do the wrong thing..... do the wrong thing still

Quote Originally Posted by maestrovision View Post
    PERSONALLY I DON'T SEE WHY THE NEW GENERATION OF YOUTHS CAN'T RUN A SOUND LIKE YESTER-YEAR......

MAYBE THEY CAN'T IMMITATE THE STYLE OF THE ORIGINAL SOUND DEM,BUT THAT MIGHT NOT BE A BAD THING.....

AND THATS IT RIGHT DER MAESTROVISION JUST LOOKING TO HAVE THE VIBE NOT LOOKING TO COPY OLD SOUNDS DUB BOX. JUST GET THE VIBE N TOGETHERNESS OF EVERY BODY HAVE DEM ROLL N DEM DO IT RIGHT THE DANCE CLASH OR SHOW GO RIGHT THATS ALL TOMUCH NEW SOUND OR 90s SOUND IS BOUT THE SELECTOR NOT THE SOUND.UM DE MAIN SELECTA RIGHT NOW N I HAVE ALOT TO LEARN STILL BUT I SHOW DE ARTIST WAT I KNW TO HELP WIF THIER STAGE PRESENTS CAUSE YA PRESNTS IS EVERY THING. AND TO DE NEXT BREDDA YESS THE RIGHT SELECTA IS NEEDED N EVEN A ELDER SOUND OR SELECTA TEACHING TECHNIQUES OR STYLES IS GOOD IDEA JUST NEED 1 THAT AINT LOKKING DOLLAS FOR ADVICE DNT NEED THE TROPPER CONSULTANT FIRM