Sponsored Ad

Thread: V Rocket v.s Immortal - Sting Dem Radio (Birmingham - March 2010)

Default V Rocket v.s Immortal - Sting Dem Radio (Birmingham - March 2010)

This was a friendly clash on Sting Dem radio in Birmingham in March 2010

- I dont think we have had an audio recently displaying the calibre of foundation specials held by V Rocket sound outta Nottingham..........

Some wicked specials by Nitty Gritty,Bunny Wailer, John Holt, Sugar Minott etc....

BUT listen out for the combination special of Ranking Trevor + Leroy Smart on the Satta Massa Ganna Riddim.....BAD !!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6a5uqmfqeqsaw6

You'll be able to hear V Rocket play on Friday 27th May 2011 @ Silverspoon - part 5 of 'Rise Of The Gladiators' - line is :

V Rocket / King Tubbys / Immortal /SuperClick

Quote Originally Posted by saffron View Post
    This was a friendly clash on Sting Dem radio in Birmingham in March 2010

- I dont think we have had an audio recently displaying the calibre of foundation specials held by V Rocket sound outta Nottingham..........

Some wicked specials by Nitty Gritty,Bunny Wailer, John Holt, Sugar Minott etc....

BUT listen out for the combination special of Ranking Trevor + Leroy Smart on the Satta Massa Ganna Riddim.....BAD !!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6a5uqmfqeqsaw6

You'll be able to hear V Rocket play on Friday 27th May 2011 @ Silverspoon - part 5 of 'Rise Of The Gladiators' - line is :

Sorry for the delay ..........here's the final part (part 2) - more wickedness from V Rocket ! - highlights include a Shabba Ranks special on a riddim I aint heard no other sound play ! + a wicked Cocoa Tea acapella + a Barrington Levy special on a hip hop riddim..........

http://www.mediafire.com/?r9kdb892zr01b0t (V Rocket / Immortal Part 2)

And for those who missed Part 1 - here it is again - with some bad specials by Nitty Gritty,Super Cat, Gregory Isaacs,Bunny Wailer, John Holt, Sugar Minott + a combination special of Ranking Trevor + Leroy Smart on the Satta Massa Ganna Riddim...............

http://www.mediafire.com/?l6a5uqmfqeqsaw6 (V Rocket / Immortal Part 1)

Dont forget you'll be able to hear V Rocket play on Friday 27th May 2011 @ Silverspoon, Wembley - part 5 of 'Rise Of The Gladiators' - line up is :

Should be good !!!!!

Garn wid it Saffron!

London (But spiritually 38 St Lucia Rd Kgn11)

Respect Saffron.V Rocket is my top UK sound. specials like dirtttttt.

THANKS FOR THIS MATE- SOUNDS GREAT
    Please join me Sundays 12-2pm at www.purple-radio.co.uk/ for the best in rare soul and Wednesdays 6-8pm for reggae revives - shows archived at http://www.mixcloud.com/StephenT/

Just listening to this audio... Absolutely brilliant... Exactly what sound business is all about....

Immortal Big Tune --- Immortal don't care for vanity.... Only real selector will voice and play.... And trust me that tune surprised V Rocket...#

V Rocket is a much under rated sound, shame that they got caught up with Saxon and the DJ ting.... V Rocket dub plate was generally better and deeper than Saxon.

My sound is Coxsone, shame you did not have Coxsone and V Rocket showcasing.....

Respect fi da drop....

Quote Originally Posted by JahLove01 View Post
    Just listening to this audio... Absolutely brilliant... Exactly what sound business is all about....

Immortal Big Tune --- Immortal don't care for vanity.... Only real selector will voice and play.... And trust me that tune surprised V Rocket...#

V Rocket is a much under rated sound, shame that they got caught up with Saxon and the DJ ting.... V Rocket dub plate was generally better and deeper than Saxon.

My sound is Coxsone, shame you did not have Coxsone and V Rocket showcasing.....

Respect fi da drop....

Yes sir ! - my sentiments exactly !.................When we hear about old Saxon and old V Rocket dances from the 1980s on this forum - the commentary is always about the djs and how they performed on the night - whether its Tippa Irie, Papa Levi, Lecturer, Penny Irie, Egerton etc etc

But nowadays the deejay thing has taken a back seat - and it is now actually the dub-box and the specials it contains that will determine the outcome of a clash.......Saxon (Wicked sound!)- seemed to be best-known and admired in the 1980s for its deejays when people talk about the good old days........but nowadays they will have to depend mostly in their dub-box.........and people time and time again have said that sounds like V Rocket could easily stand up to Saxon's dub-box - as the above audio will demonstrate...........another example being the clash between Saxon and Coxsone in 2008 at Brixton Town Hall...................where Saxon were overpowered by Coxsone...........

If the massive's want a 'real dance' - then the best clash I can forsee promising this would be Sir Coxsone v.s. V Rocket .........just as JahLove01 indicated .............and then after this perhaps Saxon v.s. V Rocket.......just to prove the point !!!!!!!!!!

Java also had a deep a dub box.... But that was back in the day....

I must admit however, that out of all the vintage Sounds (80's) in the UK I think V Rocket would be the best equipped to play and win clashes in 2011.... V Rocket have been actively collecting dub for many years....

I think we need a promoter to put on a dance with V Rocket Vs Saxon, Coxsone Vs V Rocket and finally Coxsone Vs Saxon.... Maybe even create a mini play off with the winner overall from the dances play Luv Injection.... Would never happen because Coxsone is an embarassment and is unable to see a vision for the sound in 2011, Saxon will strive again but need to learn that the past is simply the past.....

thanks for sharing that, love those riddims v rocket play first, i mean soap, koloko, ... loads of sugar minott then, will definitely dl the part 2!
    respect