Sponsored Ad

Thread: Selector wanted to play sound..

Default Selector wanted to play sound..

Libra Force is currently looking for a new selector to play the sound. We have a selector but have some double bookings coming up and really need two. I want a hype type dj that is also versatile to deal with all age groups. We have our own box which is fully loaded with all of the biggest hits including remixes and dubs.

If you know someone that is looking for some exposure. Check face book for our details nough respect.

yall takin any american selector?

fuck exposure what $$$$ lookin like

As long as the man can select who cares where they come from.

We are based in London UK so they would have to be able to get to events in and around the capital.

In regards pay they would be paid in accordance with their ability. That said we can generate bookings easily so the sound's interest comes first at all times.

This is just one avenue opened to us to find a good candidate word of mouth is usually the best means one way or other it will be sorted.

In the past Libra Force has played in St Lucia @ Indies Nite Spot.

In Boston USA against a sound called Jah Marcus.

We have played in Antigua @ Reggae Lounge beach party.

Tilldem Ball Room in New York.

The sound as a solid history with some foundation specials with some illustrious artists that include Barry Brown, Jimmy Riley, Gregory Issacs, Luciana, Sugar Minott & Robert Lee just to name a few.

The has recently come out of retirement and want to push on and raise our profile. We will be playing in Birmingham in the near future with Gemini Don & Mikey B from Birmingham and Coventry respectively.
    Last edited by Libra Force; 04-26-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling

neva erd a libra force ..kum on paltlak kum spin sum tunes ..mek we see wa u sound got...
    tight pans affi manikin an oman...

Default kemal plainclothesneen

Quote Originally Posted by peter View Post
    neva erd a libra force ..kum on paltlak kum spin sum tunes ..mek we see wa u sound got...
    My yute we will come spin anyweh anytime weh yuh feel like. Yow wot iz paltlak? Explain and we are happy to comply.

Right now in Hackney and North London my selector Master D is one of the hottest dj's that can hold his own in any kind of dance. He plays revival dances with Gemi Magic and Calvin Francis. He plays hype dance in venues that include the old Mingles Nite Spot before it closed last November. He now holds 77's social club every friday nite. When Cricketer's (Mingles) was running hot it started at 12 am and went on until 6am. How many selectors can keep a dance jiggy for that long without getting the ppl bored?
    There are some big name dj's on the hype scene in london that are no more than 1 hour dj's.

State Green Promotion kept a dance the other day in Tottenham with Bobo El Numero, System & my selector Master D. When tings got sticky inna di morning they started to play dub plates and my selector had to mek a man understand dem self and draw two big Libra Force dubs and done di dance.

I have resisted the urges to crack few jokes...Good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by Yaried Sound View Post

common Yared liven up the board nuh star

Quote Originally Posted by Yaried Sound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehallfiwi View Post
    common Yared liven up the board nuh star
    Yeah, Its Monday and everyone a take them job too serious. *A quick joke nah go hurt no body...

Quote Originally Posted by Libra Force View Post
    My yute we will come spin anyweh anytime weh yuh feel like. Yow wot iz paltlak? Explain and we are happy to comply.

Right now in Hackney and North London my selector Master D is one of the hottest dj's that can hold his own in any kind of dance. He plays revival dances with Gemi Magic and Calvin Francis. He plays hype dance in venues that include the old Mingles Nite Spot before it closed last November. He now holds 77's social club every friday nite. When Cricketer's (Mingles) was running hot it started at 12 am and went on until 6am. How many selectors can keep a dance jiggy for that long without getting the ppl bored?
    There are some big name dj's on the hype scene in london that are no more than 1 hour dj's.

State Green Promotion kept a dance the other day in Tottenham with Bobo El Numero, System & my selector Master D. When tings got sticky inna di morning they started to play dub plates and my selector had to mek a man understand dem self and draw two big Libra Force dubs and done di dance.
    Do you have any audio or video clips?

miss lyrical Guest

neva heard of any of dem people...I AM JUST SAYING!

Quote Originally Posted by miss lyrical View Post
    Where do you live?

System are a well known sound in London been around for a long time.

Bobo El Numero is also well known and plays on the radio. He use to do a lot of the big stage shows at Stratford Rex as the Master of Ceremony introducing the acts etc.

I can't remember the artist that came up last year but they used him as the MC for both the London and Nottingham leg of the tour.

Do some home work and you will find all the names mentioned are well known with perhaps the exception of Libra Force due to the fact the sound was in retirement untill 2008.

In regards to the request for audio I am working on getting something more upto date, we have something from 2006. I am hoping I can get a copy of the dance in Tottenham from the promoters referred to in the post above.

miss lyrical Guest

Where do you live?

System are a well known sound in London been around for a long time.

Bobo El Numero is also well known and plays on the radio. He use to do a lot of the big stage shows at Stratford Rex as the Master of Ceremony introducing the acts etc.

I can't remember the artist that came up last year but they used him as the MC for both the London and Nottingham leg of the tour.

Do some home work and you will find all the names mentioned are well known with perhaps the exception of Libra Force due to the fact the sound was in retirement untill 2008.

In regards to the request for audio I am working on getting something more upto date, we have something from 2006. I am hoping I can get a copy of the dance in Tottenham from the promoters referred to in the post above.
    I am originally from Camberwell, London now residing just outside of London.

As a promotor/Sound woman living and be active in the uk, I have never heard of your sound or the names your calling...I think Audio would be a good thing rite now even if its 2006.

Good luck on your search for a selector.

Miss Lyrical you need to come this side more often.. Every Friday nite Master D and Gemi Magic play together on "Stress Free Friday's" @ 77's Social Club 242 Dalston Lane Hackney E8

He also plays on some of the Studio One dances with Calvin Francis and Gemi.

Please tell me you have heard of these two!

Thanks for the good luck message of encouragement it is appreciated.
    Last edited by Libra Force; 04-27-2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

I have heard of every name Libra Force mentioned... except Libra Force!

What is the history of Libra Force? Did you ever play with the big UK sounds? And when were you at Tilden Ballroom? Just asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    I have heard of every name Libra Force mentioned... except Libra Force!

What is the history of Libra Force? Did you ever play with the big UK sounds? And when were you at Tilden Ballroom? Just asking!
    Please note everything I say in regards the history of Libra Force is from the words of the owner security as I have only been on board since 2006 along with Master D.

The history of Libra Force is like this.

Trevor Sax was the person that came up with the name for the sound naming it after his own birth sign after lengthy discussions with security during that period. Confirmed to me in person by Sax himself.

This was in the late 70's / 80's after the selector security left his brother's sound called Total Experience which was a soul sound in the 70's / 80's.

During this period Libra Force alias security played at venues in London such as Shady Grove, Big Peoples promotions Finsbury Park, The Swan @ Tottenham, Spotty Cow Lewisham just to name a few. Outside of London in towns such as Luton, Birmingham and Manchester.

The sound as played with ther likes of Mikey Crucial & Governor General (tag team), DJ Keithly, System, Father Hovis, Romantic Bubbler, Gemini Don, Admiral, Mafia Love and a few more that escapes his memory right now.

Security played at Tilden Ballrooms around the late 70's / 80's.

No big hitters on the CV yet in regards to UK sounds however with a little luck that will change.

I am originally from Camberwell, London now residing just outside of London.

As a promotor/Sound woman living and be active in the uk, I have never heard of your sound or the names your calling...I think Audio would be a good thing rite now even if its 2006.

Good luck on your search for a selector.
    FYI I will be recording this Friday nights session.

where the scorpio beat 4 18inch bass scoops zeen

how deep is this sound dubbox becuz any ting that have force in the end of its name i can bus it back a road