Sponsored Ad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 69

Thread: KING ADDIES VS KILLAMANJARO '95 (THE KILLING IN PORTMORE)

  1. #1

    Default KING ADDIES VS KILLAMANJARO '95 (THE KILLING IN PORTMORE)

    I'm sure this has been posted before, but for some newbie just joining de clash world here is the "The Greatest Clash Ever". I posted this not for its musical significance, but as an attempt to discuss why in fact king Addies lost the greatest clash ever. I only posted the Addies side I'm sure everyone has listened the Jaro side till dem clyde and rightfully so, Jaro performed extemely well that night. But I also, contrary to what others may say, believe that King Addies played extremely well also; if not for a few mistakes. Why did Addies loose? I've been playing and replaying this CD now for the past two weeks and it is clear that if Addies had done a little more preparation, Matterhorn had chose his speeches more carefully and Addies had played the way they played against Bassodyssey a year earlier the outcome could have been different.
    -1st. During the early parts of the dance, I'm talking about 10pm-11pm or so Matterhorn and Babyface played too many "early warm tunes" not the kinda more hype tunes like Jaro was playing in their early rounds. Matterhorn insisting that "him have de bomb dem fe later or something to that effect". The biggest mistake Addies made in the early rounds, however, was insisting that Jamaica people bias "and him dunn know say a Jaro a dem sound". Trust me there can be nothing worst than a selector telling the crowd that they are biased. That's total diesrespect. How did he think people would treat him after that!
    2nd Addies underestimated the fact that Jaro would be so aggresive in cutting counteractions to 4 of their biggest tunes. Jaro cut not one but 4 counteractions. Starting with the Anthony Malvo and Beenie Man combination "jaro dis any pussy anybody any mista man" A counteraction to Addies, Bounti killa 'You dis de big bad Addies with weapon like these" . Simpleton's double crossing of king Addies by providing Jaro with the counteraction to addies 1/4 to twelve was like the dagger in the coffin. Addies must have felt so betrayed. The Wayne World counteraction, to Mad Cobra's "Dis me and me big gun" was surely a counteraction one would never forget.
    3rd Matterhorn and Babyface stated emphatically that they would not play the same way they played against Bassodyssey, this was a grave mistake. had they played the same way they played against bassodyssey the flow of the dance would have been better and tune selection would have been more consistent, not this up and down shit they were doing. One culture tune then a fast tune, two slow tune then a fast tune etc.
    If you think about it, what tune did Jaro play that was bigger thatn the Tony Braxton and Jodeci.
    This is the 1st part of the Tony Braxton dub "And I can't stop thinking about how you showed your face today and i can't stop thinking about how you test King Addies, addies i can't get you outta my mind no matter how I try if jaro sound should play tonight then they will surely die. Chorus- If I ever hear Jaro Sound play again, if i ever hear that tin pan sound again.... "BIG TUNE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN FOR JARO). However, addies could not maintain that momemtum and subsequently lost the clash.

    To all who love the mighy King Addies Sat April 22nd 1995 will go down in Sound Clash history. - The Greates Clash ever.
    Would love some feedback.
    PS: me know say a old ting, but this is a classic it deserves to be discussed time and time again

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1992Q8G0
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C8HNZIKY

    PT1st then Pt1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn via BARBADOS Stolen From AFRIKA!
    Posts
    41,712

    Default

    PS: me know say a old ting, but this is a classic it deserves to be discussed time and time again
    IT really Doesnt...
    and unu a wonda why di ting stagnate!

    the full dance has been posted...that serves FULLY overstanding .....posting ONE side of the dance..is like...hearing a telephone convo...but just one persons convo!

    unu fi leggo...APPRECI-LOVE what happen..but
    can we move the fuck on!!!!!
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/Italjockey/us-cc-1.jpg
    ....Her Azz Was Round Like This Son..HA!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Glockholm
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,016

    Default

    man a type a whole essay and IJ just come piss pon it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    IMHO I say jaro win but some say 50/50 n some addies

    I have both sides and the dvd and it did look bias still......TM mek some crazy talks but I won't lie jaro and trooper was on a mission

    Yeah this clash goes as # 1 clash of all time for now this clash beats that saxon vs addies rubbish they love talk about

    Addies was on a level as a sound and when bass odyssey flop n 4x4 no show trust me it wasn't looking good for jamaica b/c if addies did win it would have changed the whole scope of sound clash.......addies had 2 to be stop and the only yard sound that could do it was jaro n trooper

    Many thx jaro and trooper for that win and also this clash gave beenie man career new life as a bonefide clash dj 2 voice

    Thank god for jaro/trooper/moses

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    Full dance with both sounds edited together

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XE8OVTHD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn via BARBADOS Stolen From AFRIKA!
    Posts
    41,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Chopper View Post
    man a type a whole essay and IJ just come piss pon it.
    mi know seh unu tired of it..if not..you should be!
    HISTORY dance....YES!

    beaten to fucking death...HELL YEAH!

    would think NO other Fucking dance was kept since (or before)!
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/Italjockey/us-cc-1.jpg
    ....Her Azz Was Round Like This Son..HA!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    184

    Default

    LAWD ME NAH LIE THAT DANCE IS A BIG ONE I ACTUALLY HAVE THE AUDIO & VIDEO IM STILL TRYIN TO PUT IT 2GETHER AS BEST AS I CAN TO THIS DAY. YOU POINTED OUT SOME GREAT FACT TO THE REASON WHY THEY LOST AND I DO BELIEVE THOSE ARE MAJOR REASONS. BUT END OF THE DAY I AM A ADDIES FAN, JARO OUT JUGGLED THEM WITH NEW CHUNES & COUNTERACTIONS, YOU ALSO FORGOT THE SANCHEZ & NINJA FORT EARLY OUT. EACH OF THEM PLAYED 1 : HOUR ROUNDS 2: 30 MINS 2: 15MINS.
    WHEN IT CAME DOWN TO IT ADDIES DIDNT HAVE ENOUGH NEW CHUNES. NORMALLY ADDIES WILL LOAD UP ON SOME SAMPLE NEW TUNES BUT THAT DANCE I DONT THINK HAD ANY. + THAT WAS WHAT ALSO FUELED THE WAR FOR BEENIE & BOUNTY. THINK ABOUT IT ADDIES : A SOUND FOR ABOARD AKA THE BOUNTY SOUND OF THE EARLY 90'S KILLIN OFF EVERY YARD SOUND IN THEM TERRITORY. FACT THAT HOLDS WEIGHT JARO HAD PLENTY OF TIME TO COUNTERACT ALL THERE ANTHEMS. THE BASS ODYSSEY CLASH WHERE THEY LOCKED OFF ODYSSEY, IF ODYSSEY DID HAVE THEM COUNTERACTIONS THAT NITE AGAINST ADDIES, ADDIES WOULD OF HAD THE BOUNTY OR WHO EVER COUNTERACTIONS 4 THEM FOLLOWING THE NEXT CLASH WHICH THEY DID. ADDIES TRAVELLERS THE NEXT MONTH

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn via BARBADOS Stolen From AFRIKA!
    Posts
    41,712

    Default

    !

    IF ...IF....IF....IF
    FUCK A IF..
    if Ants Had Guns...Birds would not fly

    and IF
    your granny Had Balls....she would be your Grand-Daddy!
    SHE DOES NOT...
    so fuck an IF..

    dance is 15 odd years old!

    unu still wear pants & shirts from 15 years ago??

    DA FUCK?
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/Italjockey/us-cc-1.jpg
    ....Her Azz Was Round Like This Son..HA!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Glockholm
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,016

    Default

    So who realy won sting 91?

    I say Ninjaman, his swagga is more wicked than Supercat.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Hypabajen do remember that 4x4 never showup and they was loaded with bounty and chune as well.....addies get lucky that nite.

    I have to laugh wasn't this during the time addies say trooper lock down the artist so he alone is voicing and addies never get no dubs hahahah but they say addies always cuttin dubs hahaha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundbwoyexpert View Post
    Hypabajen do remember that 4x4 never showup and they was loaded with bounty and chune as well.....addies get lucky that nite.

    I have to laugh wasn't this during the time addies say trooper lock down the artist so he alone is voicing and addies never get no dubs hahahah but they say addies always cuttin dubs hahaha
    YEA I REMEMBER THAT IF ADDIES HAD GET TO CUT THE WAY THEY WANTED IT WOULD OF BEEN A DIFFERENT TURN OUT. I HAVE TO AGREE WITH U ANYHOW THEY WOULD OF GOTTEN TO VOICE PLATES THE WAY THEY DO WITHOUT TROOPER LOCKIN THE STUDIO IT WOULD OF BEEN A DIFFERENT SCENE

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn via BARBADOS Stolen From AFRIKA!
    Posts
    41,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Chopper View Post
    So who realy won sting 91?

    I say Ninjaman, his swagga is more wicked than Supercat.
    !
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/Italjockey/us-cc-1.jpg
    ....Her Azz Was Round Like This Son..HA!!!

  13. #13

    Default

    a next so called clash expert asked which chune jaro did play wah bigger than a toni maxton or frodeci?



    some bwoy fi puddung di soundclash review ting and lef it right desso

    and for the record, NO SOUND NUH DEAD DAT NIGHT DEH.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Troopa says he killed addies in portmore kentroy so is he lying?

    Did you play jaro the nite kentroy?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Jamaica, NY
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Full dance with both sounds edited together

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XE8OVTHD
    Big up for the edited together version my youth.
    "Intelligence Over Ignorance"

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentroy View Post
    a next so called clash expert asked which chune jaro did play wah bigger than a toni maxton or frodeci?



    some bwoy fi puddung di soundclash review ting and lef it right desso

    and for the record, NO SOUND NUH DEAD DAT NIGHT DEH.
    Kentroy you really, really believe say Addies never dead de night? Well you know what? Me want some a whatever you a smoke, because it got to be some good shit.

  17. #17
    Zilla is offline Member needs to UPDATE email info or CONFIRM email address
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South London finest in Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Kentroy, you are a very bright person. But i don't understand that statement you just made that "NO SOUND NUH DEAD THAT NIGHT DEAH".

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soundbwoyexpert View Post
    Troopa says he killed addies in portmore kentroy so is he lying?

    Did you play jaro the nite kentroy?
    what the fuck kind of stupid comment is that

    david koresh said he was jesus, was he lying?

    when you kill a sound do you have to ask the crowd a people "massive wah more mi haffi duh?"

    seriously, are people being ignorant? trooper hyped the addies victory in order to add to his resume

    if he'd have lost, he'd have downplayed it and said he won (see world clash 1999)

    but since he WON, addies was the greatest sound ever - that's why he said he KILLED them, to enhance his accomplishment. watch how trooper move and that's common sense

    when you kill a sound does it go to dub fi dub?

    why is everyone acting bias here? mi is a jaro fan and can still give unto addies what is due

    they got PLENTY of forwards, played well early, rallied back late

    trooper took the middle rounds

    jaro won convincingly. kill? nope

    compare what bass odyssey did to addies in queens and what jaro did to addies in portmore. which was more convincing? bass odyssey WIPED OUT addies

    jaro had a solid lead and trooper was like ok! let's wrap this up. big difference. if one sound KILLS another sound would you have others still saying they think it was a TIE? ever heard ANYONE, ANYONE EVER say odyssey vs addies (inna yuh yaad!) was a TIE?

    leslie yuh nuh have not one stripe lef afta yuh flop yuhself wid di jaro vs turbo argument

  19. #19

    Default

    By the way can anyone verify whether or not it was David Rodigan who did the BBC World news intro? Sounds alot like him. Wicked intro never the less. i like the part where he says"JDF units are responding to escalating violence in and around the Portmore area"

  20. #20

    Default

    so in other words people still toss around the word "kill" when describing a sound clash conclusion too freely

    like

    "jaro vs turbophonic, the killing in dee side"

  21. #21
    Zilla is offline Member needs to UPDATE email info or CONFIRM email address
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South London finest in Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Kentroy, you are something else. I don't claim to be a expert on the thing. But Jaro completely destroyed Addise that night. To the way how addise used to carry on with other sounds and that night they didnt no answer to anything trooper throw at them.

    Leme tell you how your argument flop.

    Not long after that clash..Addise had a date with Odessey in London in a place call Elephant and castle. The venue was packed and everybody was hyped.

    LONG STORY SHORT.
    Somebody shoot up the dance after matteron play the first tune and everybody run outa di place.
    So wi outside a chill and somebody decide fi play the jaro/addise dance from outa dem car. Sed time babyface come through the crowd and tell di youth wha a play di tape fi tun it off cuz him nuh waan hear it and wi lucky seh smaddy shoot up di place cuz wi woulda si di addise tonight.

    Even face admit seh him get kill. So yuh argument nuh mek it.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn via BARBADOS Stolen From AFRIKA!
    Posts
    41,712

    Default

    YOW...QUINT YEI YUTE....tappi nuh man....!

    are There any new perspectives to be offered on the 15 year odd old dance!?..Smaddy found lost tapes for summin?

    To WIN a sound = KILL to some man....!

    some a unu fi duh kill unu self..all a do a drive by pan unuself....

    **but Imma still load & lissen it back..cau My brother a teef my sitten..**
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/Italjockey/us-cc-1.jpg
    ....Her Azz Was Round Like This Son..HA!!!

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    Kentroy, you are something else. I don't claim to be a expert on the thing. But Jaro completely destroyed Addise that night. To the way how addise used to carry on with other sounds and that night they didnt no answer to anything trooper throw at them.

    Leme tell you how your argument flop.

    Not long after that clash..Addise had a date with Odessey in London in a place call Elephant and castle. The venue was packed and everybody was hyped.

    LONG STORY SHORT.
    Somebody shoot up the dance after matteron play the first tune and everybody run outa di place.
    So wi outside a chill and somebody decide fi play the jaro/addise dance from outa dem car. Sed time babyface come through the crowd and tell di youth wha a play di tape fi tun it off cuz him nuh waan hear it and wi lucky seh smaddy shoot up di place cuz wi woulda si di addise tonight.

    Even face admit seh him get kill. So yuh argument nuh mek it.
    prove it. have an audio? direct quote? link?

    there was a quote where babyface admitted that they LOST. that was right here on dhr before the several website revisions. like this one: http://dancehallreggae.com/int1.html

    and your opinion is just that - your opinion. i've heard jaro play far better than they did against addies that night. trooper played far better against turbophonic in dee side, for example.

    apparently people get caught up in the history of the dance, as it was. fine. strip away that. jaro played a few counteractions that were not particularly creative ("hey! jaro diss any pussy, any body, any missa man, worse now trooper have him dub inna him hand" and "dis yah one yah name wi nah watch nuh clock" and "dis yah name as yuh hear it yuh dead" and "early out early out every sunday morning").

    aside from that how did jaro "destroy" addies? the entire highlight of jaro's side was the counteraction dem. did they destroy addies in tune fi tune when the crowd starting turning? no

    did they destroy addies in the earlies? no

    the only thing i will admit is it SEEMED as if trooper took a fuck it attitude in dub fi dub because in his opinion he did enough to lock off addies. that's exactly the attitude that bass odyssey took after wiping out bodyguard in the regular rounds in 1998 in patterson new jersey.

    so my question remains. if jaro "destroyed" addies, how come there are so many people who are willing to say it was a tie?

    notice the same happened with odyssey and bodyguard in 1998? people said bodyguard came back in the dub fi dub and it was a tie.

    and as i said before, NOBODY questioned what happened to addies in amazuru in 2000 against bass odyssey.

    ital...true ting yaa talk...a win = kill to some...and just passing time reasoning with yute and yute...nuff snow outside

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Glockholm
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,016

    Default

    I kill my neighbour regularly with a wicked Burru selection, he dont even answer back. He is a informer, bout him a report me 2 de landlord...

    Mi a di don dada.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentroy View Post
    prove it. have an audio? direct quote? link?

    there was a quote where babyface admitted that they LOST. that was right here on dhr before the several website revisions. like this one: http://dancehallreggae.com/int1.html

    and your opinion is just that - your opinion. i've heard jaro play far better than they did against addies that night. trooper played far better against turbophonic in dee side, for example.

    apparently people get caught up in the history of the dance, as it was. fine. strip away that. jaro played a few counteractions that were not particularly creative ("hey! jaro diss any pussy, any body, any missa man, worse now trooper have him dub inna him hand" and "dis yah one yah name wi nah watch nuh clock" and "dis yah name as yuh hear it yuh dead" and "early out early out every sunday morning").

    aside from that how did jaro "destroy" addies? the entire highlight of jaro's side was the counteraction dem. did they destroy addies in tune fi tune when the crowd starting turning? no

    did they destroy addies in the earlies? no

    the only thing i will admit is it SEEMED as if trooper took a fuck it attitude in dub fi dub because in his opinion he did enough to lock off addies. that's exactly the attitude that bass odyssey took after wiping out bodyguard in the regular rounds in 1998 in patterson new jersey.

    so my question remains. if jaro "destroyed" addies, how come there are so many people who are willing to say it was a tie?

    notice the same happened with odyssey and bodyguard in 1998? people said bodyguard came back in the dub fi dub and it was a tie.

    and as i said before, NOBODY questioned what happened to addies in amazuru in 2000 against bass odyssey.

    ital...true ting yaa talk...a win = kill to some...and just passing time reasoning with yute and yute...nuff snow outside
    The reason why so many people thinks it's a tie (Your view only, everybody I speak to say Jaro out right kill Addies) is because true fans of either sound will never accept defeat. But to the neutral observer it is quite clear that Jaro buss Addies Pussy, and it wasn't just because of the counteractions. Trooper had more innovative tunes. You remember the Admiral Bailey "you tink me dun' " and "green me green" that was a musical first never had a sound went back and cut a old tune on a current rhythm in a sound clash. No one had ever thought of redoing Admiral old hits on a current rhythm. After that night Admiral probably mek a million dollar a cut dub fe sounds.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    If trooper say he kill addies and face admit it as well and the whole sound clash community why should we all debate with kentroy unless he played jaro and wear face mask of trooper and trick the world

    Now he want to re define the word kill in a musical sport

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Chopper View Post
    I kill my neighbour regularly with a wicked Burru selection, he dont even answer back. He is a informer, bout him a report me 2 de landlord...

    Mi a di don dada.
    Imagine when trooper kill addies and how he feel lol

  28. #28
    Zilla is offline Member needs to UPDATE email info or CONFIRM email address
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South London finest in Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    kingman, i have no link for you to listen to. But i have no reason to lie...i heard it fo myself, homie.

    Where is addise today???

    After that clash, Addise is no more. Sorry to burse yo bubble but jaro put an end to addise and babyface.

    You ever heard anybod counteract bounty killa so much ina a dance before that.

    Whapen to di part when di whole dance a shout jaro, jaro, jaro and dat a when addis a play.

    After that clash, i never heard jaro run go cut any tune addise played that night. Listen to addise afterthat and they run and cut nuff a the tunes jaro played.

    Listen to nuff clash directly after that dance and nuff selecta big up trooper fi kill addise.

    Listen to the rating wha him get afta...when him go a new york to play l.p. LP a play and trooper walk ina di dance and di whole dance erup. Di youth wha a play lp all get frighten jus by trooper walk ina di dance and a bawl "him reach, run tune, run tune"

    Every sound wha addise play against after the clash...what was di firstting fi come outa di selecta mouth?...yuh shoulda shame how troopa murda yuh a pertmore.

    I even know when yuh seh "NUH SOUND NUH DEAD DA NIGHT DEAH" you heard those words fr ricky trooper when him do a interview wid rodigan pon kiss fm a england.

    But you and i both know when trooper head tek him him seh anything.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Tru trooper and face is friends I know jaro kill addies no need no 1 tell me otherwise

    I seen the dvd and have both sides

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,936

    Default

    The man take the language thing a little too serious.

    You can say beat, but you can't say Kill

    Anyhow, Addies was not victorious. If Matterhorn did select they would have a better chance that night because they would have maintained a better tempo.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post

    Listen to the rating wha him get afta...when him go a new york to play l.p. LP a play and trooper walk ina di dance and di whole dance erup. Di youth wha a play lp all get frighten jus by trooper walk ina di dance and a bawl "him reach, run tune, run tune"
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1XMBB73E

  32. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lesliehero View Post
    The reason why so many people thinks it's a tie (Your view only, everybody I speak to say Jaro out right kill Addies) is because true fans of either sound will never accept defeat. But to the neutral observer it is quite clear that Jaro buss Addies Pussy, and it wasn't just because of the counteractions. Trooper had more innovative tunes. You remember the Admiral Bailey "you tink me dun' " and "green me green" that was a musical first never had a sound went back and cut a old tune on a current rhythm in a sound clash. No one had ever thought of redoing Admiral old hits on a current rhythm. After that night Admiral probably mek a million dollar a cut dub fe sounds.
    @ my view only

    people right here on dhr say they think it was a tie. on dancehallminded lindsay and drew created a thread and passed around that cassette to ask nonpartisan people what they thought and several said addies played better in their opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by soundbwoyexpert View Post
    If trooper say he kill addies and face admit it as well and the whole sound clash community why should we all debate with kentroy unless he played jaro and wear face mask of trooper and trick the world

    Now he want to re define the word kill in a musical sport
    now everything trooper says is gospel? trooper said he won world clash 99 too. that makes it fact? trooper said he took luciano to do the first 45 he ever did in his life. that's fact? trooper said he plays bob marley on dubplate. that's fact? trooper said he played jay z on dubplate. that's fact? trooper played a bounty/merciless "combination" when they were WARRING. that was fact? actually you're quite adept at fucking up facts - kind of like you were saying steely drop out THEN silverhawk relaunched

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    kingman, i have no link for you to listen to. But i have no reason to lie...i heard it fo myself, homie.

    Where is addise today???

    After that clash, Addise is no more. Sorry to burse yo bubble but jaro put an end to addise and babyface.

    You ever heard anybod counteract bounty killa so much ina a dance before that.

    Whapen to di part when di whole dance a shout jaro, jaro, jaro and dat a when addis a play.

    After that clash, i never heard jaro run go cut any tune addise played that night. Listen to addise afterthat and they run and cut nuff a the tunes jaro played.

    Listen to nuff clash directly after that dance and nuff selecta big up trooper fi kill addise.

    Listen to the rating wha him get afta...when him go a new york to play l.p. LP a play and trooper walk ina di dance and di whole dance erup. Di youth wha a play lp all get frighten jus by trooper walk ina di dance and a bawl "him reach, run tune, run tune"

    Every sound wha addise play against after the clash...what was di firstting fi come outa di selecta mouth?...yuh shoulda shame how troopa murda yuh a pertmore.

    I even know when yuh seh "NUH SOUND NUH DEAD DA NIGHT DEAH" you heard those words fr ricky trooper when him do a interview wid rodigan pon kiss fm a england.

    But you and i both know when trooper head tek him him seh anything.
    wtf? addies clashed how much sound inna JAMAICA after portmore dance? conquering lion, lees unlimited, bodyguard, rodigan, african star, jamrock, pieces, 4x4 exodus, travellers? still played with metro, stone love, afrique, spectrum, poison dart, downbeat? was still clashing bass odyssey, lp, legacy?

    when since dead sound still get dem date deh a 95 and 96? clearly you're confusing JARO with BODYGUARD in 1997.

    on the OTHER hand, after addies clashed BASS ODYSSEY in 2000, we didn't hear from them for AWHILE. difference between a sound getting KILL and a sound losing

    and i've never heard a rodigan interview in my life.

    respect your opinion though


  33. #33
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    kingman, i have no link for you to listen to. But i have no reason to lie...i heard it fo myself, homie.

    Where is addise today???

    After that clash, Addise is no more. Sorry to burse yo bubble but jaro put an end to addise and babyface.

    You ever heard anybod counteract bounty killa so much ina a dance before that.

    Whapen to di part when di whole dance a shout jaro, jaro, jaro and dat a when addis a play.

    After that clash, i never heard jaro run go cut any tune addise played that night. Listen to addise afterthat and they run and cut nuff a the tunes jaro played.

    Listen to nuff clash directly after that dance and nuff selecta big up trooper fi kill addise.

    Listen to the rating wha him get afta...when him go a new york to play l.p. LP a play and trooper walk ina di dance and di whole dance erup. Di youth wha a play lp all get frighten jus by trooper walk ina di dance and a bawl "him reach, run tune, run tune"

    Every sound wha addise play against after the clash...what was di firstting fi come outa di selecta mouth?...yuh shoulda shame how troopa murda yuh a pertmore.

    I even know when yuh seh "NUH SOUND NUH DEAD DA NIGHT DEAH" you heard those words fr ricky trooper when him do a interview wid rodigan pon kiss fm a england.

    But you and i both know when trooper head tek him him seh anything.

    True wod mi granny would a sey mi bwoy. When i think about it, if jaro never win dat night i dont think bass odyssey and all dem other sound whey play addis after that would have been so brave to clash addis. Its like a bully in school beat up every boy until him meet him match and get him beaten so no body no fraid a him again, because him get beaten to. Addis a di best warhead sound to come from di america without a doubt. I think some man a argue this bias saying that because no sound no lock off and dem go dub fi dub it wast a death, but i remember addis vs bodyguard a maypen and basically di same ting happen where addis played better than guard and in my opinion they won guard in a dem yard.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NORTH MIAIMI FL
    Posts
    297

    Default

    BAIS DANCE JAMAICA PEOPLE DID WANT SEE A FOREIGN SOUND KILL THEM TWO CHAMPION SOUND

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasondutchi View Post

    True wod mi granny would a sey mi bwoy. When i think about it, if jaro never win dat night i dont think bass odyssey and all dem other sound whey play addis after that would have been so brave to clash addis. Its like a bully in school beat up every boy until him meet him match and get him beaten so no body no fraid a him again, because him get beaten to. Addis a di best warhead sound to come from di america without a doubt. I think some man a argue this bias saying that because no sound no lock off and dem go dub fi dub it wast a death, but i remember addis vs bodyguard a maypen and basically di same ting happen where addis played better than guard and in my opinion they won guard in a dem yard.
    how can you say that when bodyguard clashed addies before jaro and odyssey clashed addies several times before jaro clashed them in portmore?

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Kentroy u want to take a silverhawk opinion and debate in a addies thread?

    Listen when u ready please let us all kno when sounds get kill and when its a win ok so when man on radio and take it back b/c its trooper no doubt u can have a defense?

    Addies get killed ok who cares after that

    Bodyguard kill addies with ninja too

    Bass odyseey kill addies in biltmore

    Unless you was playing the sound in disguise and we all never know

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    7,962

    Default





  38. #38
    Zilla is offline Member needs to UPDATE email info or CONFIRM email address
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South London finest in Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentroy View Post
    @ my view only

    people right here on dhr say they think it was a tie. on dancehallminded lindsay and drew created a thread and passed around that cassette to ask nonpartisan people what they thought and several said addies played better in their opinion.




    now everything trooper says is gospel? trooper said he won world clash 99 too. that makes it fact? trooper said he took luciano to do the first 45 he ever did in his life. that's fact? trooper said he plays bob marley on dubplate. that's fact? trooper said he played jay z on dubplate. that's fact? trooper played a bounty/merciless "combination" when they were WARRING. that was fact? actually you're quite adept at fucking up facts - kind of like you were saying steely drop out THEN silverhawk relaunched



    wtf? addies clashed how much sound inna JAMAICA after portmore dance? conquering lion, lees unlimited, bodyguard, rodigan, african star, jamrock, pieces, 4x4 exodus, travellers? still played with metro, stone love, afrique, spectrum, poison dart, downbeat? was still clashing bass odyssey, lp, legacy?

    when since dead sound still get dem date deh a 95 and 96? clearly you're confusing JARO with BODYGUARD in 1997.

    on the OTHER hand, after addies clashed BASS ODYSSEY in 2000, we didn't hear from them for AWHILE. difference between a sound getting KILL and a sound losing

    and i've never heard a rodigan interview in my life.

    respect your opinion though

    What did di selecta fr lee unlimited seh to matteron?? jaro buss up yuh pussy!!..what did travellers say to addise??..jaro buss up yuh pussy. If jaro neva buss up dem pussy, yuh tink dem coulda deal wid baby face dem way dea. Babyface use to put di fear of god ina selecta until trooper mek everybody know seh face bark only loud but him bite weak.
    Addise has NEVA been di same sine that dance.

    Dont get me wrong, mi rate yuh but yuh naa si di ting straight.
    Last edited by Zilla; 02-09-2010 at 08:55 PM.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Brooklyn via BARBADOS Stolen From AFRIKA!
    Posts
    41,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentroy View Post
    @ my view only

    people right here on dhr say they think it was a tie. on dancehallminded lindsay and drew created a thread and passed around that cassette to ask nonpartisan people what they thought and several said addies played better in their opinion.




    now everything trooper says is gospel? trooper said he won world clash 99 too. that makes it fact? trooper said he took luciano to do the first 45 he ever did in his life. that's fact? trooper said he plays bob marley on dubplate. that's fact? trooper said he played jay z on dubplate. that's fact? trooper played a bounty/merciless "combination" when they were WARRING. that was fact? actually you're quite adept at fucking up facts - kind of like you were saying steely drop out THEN silverhawk relaunched



    wtf? addies clashed how much sound inna JAMAICA after portmore dance? conquering lion, lees unlimited, bodyguard, rodigan, african star, jamrock, pieces, 4x4 exodus, travellers? still played with metro, stone love, afrique, spectrum, poison dart, downbeat? was still clashing bass odyssey, lp, legacy?

    when since dead sound still get dem date deh a 95 and 96? clearly you're confusing JARO with BODYGUARD in 1997.

    on the OTHER hand, after addies clashed BASS ODYSSEY in 2000, we didn't hear from them for AWHILE. difference between a sound getting KILL and a sound losing

    and i've never heard a rodigan interview in my life.

    respect your opinion though

    I saw dude say that..and me and my addled brain said..DA FUCK DUDE JUST SAY??

    why persist my yute?
    http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/Italjockey/us-cc-1.jpg
    ....Her Azz Was Round Like This Son..HA!!!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    IN YOUR GIRLS PUMS
    Posts
    23,109

    Default

    lmao
    On My Grave They Will Write In

    Green This Was Not A Man But A Fucking Machine!!!


Similar Threads

  1. Bass Odyssey v King Addies Portmore 19.11.94
    By Glamour in forum Downloads
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 06:29 AM
  2. ((((Addies vs Killamanjaro 1995 Portmore))))
    By realtalk in forum The Sound System Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-23-2006, 12:21 PM
  3. Jaro V King Addies, Portmore 95 - Request
    By sizzla01 in forum The Sound System Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-05-2006, 09:30 AM
  4. King Addies VS. Killamanjaro 1995 in Portmore
    By Damione in forum The Sound System Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
  5. Killamanjaro V King Addies Portmore 22.4.95
    By Glamour in forum The Sound System Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 02:58 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •