Sponsored Ad

Thread: VOLCANO EXPRESS v Saxon + Unity

Default VOLCANO EXPRESS v Saxon + Unity

Dance held in Reading Central Club on 22/8/86. Volcano can't test the other two sounds for music, but with bassline, lyrics, vibes and Stonehead mixing! Bad Bad sound!! Pt 1

Youtie General
    Jesse Dread
    Bubbler Ranks
    Noise Box
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/mkznyz21myu

Default Heres a Live in the dance cut

GWAAAAAAAN RUFFHOUSE

Heres a cut of the dance with all 3 sounds live in di dance!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D5QFP77J

Default SAXON DECK RECORDING!!!!!

Thumbs up Good tings

Glamour and Ruffhouse oonu big up seen. Does either of you have ah kriss copy of the Saxon vs Young Lion return dance whe Young Lion didn't turn up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffness View Post
    Glamour and Ruffhouse oonu big up seen. Does either of you have ah kriss copy of the Saxon vs Young Lion return dance whe Young Lion didn't turn up?
    Yes me bredda Ruffness. Got it. If Glamour doesn't post it, i will!

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Yes big man!! Bless up! Got these, but haven't got Unity side from tapedeck! Can you help?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffhouse View Post
    Yes big man!! Bless up! Got these, but haven't got Unity side from tapedeck! Can you help?
    Wish I could sah....was gonna ask you same question

Default cant download!!!

Yes Fam, raspex for the upload.

Any idea why after I wait 45 secs my download from mega does not start?
    peace

Jayman posted this. Hope it helps! Bless.
    Error 404 with mediafire
    If you are having trouble with downloading from mediafire and you have the megaupload toolbar installed just click on options on the toolbar, its next to the orange M in the left hand corner. Uncheck 404 error and you should be able to download.

Thumbs up Just so

Yes me bredda Ruffness. Got it. If Glamour doesn't post it, i will!
    Alright mi bredda Ruffhouse thats neat and big up fe that still.

ruffhouse sum up volcano fi me......i have listen to a few tapes of dem....like you said music wise to very impressive......but sound and djs pretty good,nice vibes but where do they fit into uk sound history.......i know general info on dem ....i know dem a saxon went at it but what always get me......is nuff sounds would try saxon but not unity or coxsone i know baddness hav someting to do wid it but sum it up fi mi..........mannas

Yes marvelousm! Volcano Express came from Stonebridge, North West London. Owned by Lincoln. Selector Rappa Dupa. Operator/mixer Stonehead. Dj's Bubbler Ranks, Youtie General, Jesse Dread, Sugar Baby, Nookeydemus. Singers Rudy Mellow, Roger Ramjet. They ran from 1985-1988. Mostly played North London and sometimes south and country.
    Volcano sound itself was very clean and heavy!! Once heard one section of theirs outweight two of Coxsones!!! Compared to all the other big sounds of that era, they lacked dub but could draw some lively plastic and were full of vibes! They had some heavy clashes with Saxon, Java, Sovereign and others.
    Bubbler ranks was a long time dj. First heard him in 1983. Very good versatile dj. Youtie general was young, talented and fearless! All the other entertainers were good, but not outstanding like Bubbler and Youtie.
    Why they didn't last? Not to sure. I believe in the business money and contacts have to be constant and if your not making it then pretty soon you'll just disappear like a lot of sounds did!!
    Volcano played in some of the best dances i went to, but it was just a peak of 2/3 years unfortunately!! Bless.

ruffhouse mannas an respect kingman.....give thanks......mannas

Yes marvelousm! Volcano Express came from Stonebridge, North West London. Owned by Lincoln. Selector Rappa Dupa. Operator/mixer Stonehead. Dj's Bubbler Ranks, Youtie General, Jesse Dread, Sugar Baby, Nookeydemus. Singers Rudy Mellow, Roger Ramjet. They ran from 1985-1988. Mostly played North London and sometimes south and country.
    Volcano sound itself was very clean and heavy!! Once heard one section of theirs outweight two of Coxsones!!! Compared to all the other big sounds of that era, they lacked dub but could draw some lively plastic and were full of vibes! They had some heavy clashes with Saxon, Java, Sovereign and others.
    Bubbler ranks was a long time dj. First heard him in 1983. Very good versatile dj. Youtie general was young, talented and fearless! All the other entertainers were good, but not outstanding like Bubbler and Youtie.
    Why they didn't last? Not to sure. I believe in the business money and contacts have to be constant and if your not making it then pretty soon you'll just disappear like a lot of sounds did!!
    Volcano played in some of the best dances i went to, but it was just a peak of 2/3 years unfortunately!! Bless.
    yes come in like taurus,caan drop no dub but pure niceness and vibes ina dance,tek couple slice man drop yahso and ah play in ah mi five right now.,you big ruff

nice!!!

Cool

Anotha shot and anotha snatch an grab.
    Thanksssssssss.

Guvna

A slice gaarn.

blessup....bere slice taken!

Quote Originally Posted by Magixx View Post
    blessup....bere slice taken!
    Where you been bredren????

Default radicks

one of the reason volcano done was that stonehead a career criminal who used to be watched 24/7 by police
    i believe the manager was danny dread and lincoln was the technician.
    youthie is now a christian and does godlyrics likepapa san and ltnt stichie.
    last time i saw bubbler he was selling used cars in harlesden tell a lie he was in a video wid peter andre (material girl), both very humble and bubbler imho the best mc in london in the late 80's for styles and originality.
    if anyone got the volcano from paddington vs unity where unity never turned up (3rd time running) i would love to get a slice.

Yes ruffhouse big up yuh intention. VOLCANO EXPRESS was de sound mi use to follow way back when. I was at all of the VOLCANO dances in Sladebrook school and Hilltop in Stonebridge. Like you said between 1985-1988 to me, Bubbler Ranks was most definetely the baddest dj inna England in terms of originality, versatility, melody with both serious and humerous topics...... untouchable. Longside him right hand Youtie "duss out" General, lyrically able fi tek on anyting an anybody anytime. Respeck due to dem heartically an de whole Bandits crew, northwest best. STRAIGHT! Vibes galore, even all down to de way how Stonehead use to mix de riddims dem. Crazy.

Ruffhouse or Glamour need ah re up of the Volcanoe pt 2..bless up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffness View Post
    Ruffhouse or Glamour need ah re up of the Volcanoe pt 2..bless up.
    Yes Ruffness!! Go onto the soundcloud link. Go to pt 2. Right click on it. Click open. A download sign will come up next to the share and favourites sign!

Kool Ruffhouse mi have mi bredda and large up Glamour sed time.