Sponsored Ad

Thread: Space Exploration!!!!

Scratchchin Space Exploration!!!!

Would you be willing? It may come in some of our earth times.

Can you trust the technology? Will those who want to live have a choice?

Or are you more interested in the latest flavor flav minstrel episode???

When will a human being set foot on Mars? The answer to that question has become much clearer, just in the past few weeks. Right now, it looks like the first mission sending humans beings to Mars will happen within most of our lifetimes, and is scheduled to occur by the year 2030.

On January 14, 2004, President George W. Bush charted a new course of human exploration of the solar system, which may one day send a human mission to Mars. Bush called for the retirement of the Space Shuttle fleet by 2010 in order to pursue the development of a new "Crew Exploration Vehicle" to carry astronauts beyond low earth orbit for the first time since Apollo 17 in 1972. Bush committed NASA to return to the Moon no later than 2020, and more likely by 2015, in order to prove the technologies necessary to someday send humans "beyond". While there is no specific deadline for a piloted Mars mission in Bush's vision, NASA seems to understand that the return to the moon is only meant as a waypoint, a "pit-stop", on the way to Mars.

The other nations of the world quickly reacted to Bush's announcement and offered to support the U.S.'s bold new plans, and some have publicly stated they are currently working on plans of their own.

Since the January announcement, NASA has been refocusing itself for the new efforts. A new NASA "enterprise" (or division of the organization) focusing on Exploration Systems was founded and former Navy Admiral Craig Steidle was appointed to run it. Steidle was formerly the Pentagon's director of the Joint Strike Fighter, among other duties during his distinguished career. Steidle's main task will be to manage "Project Constellation", the project tasked to build the Crew Exploration Vehicle and other systems. The Code T enterprise was also given the Project Prometheus Nuclear systems initiative founded last year, which will also help in the mission to Mars by creating faster propulsion systems, shortening the journey between Earth and Mars.

To determine the correct way to implement the new vision for NASA, President Bush created the "President's Commission on Implementation of U.S. Space Exploration Policy" (informally known as the "Moon-Mars Commission") which is headed by former Air Force Secretary and aerospace industry executive Edward C. "Pete" Aldridge. The Moon-Mars Commission also contains many other distinguished members, such as Neal DeGrasse Tyson (prominent astronomer and Director of the Hayden Planetarium), Paul Spudis (lunar researcher and deputy leader of the Clementine science team), Laurie Leshin (meteorite researcher and designer of one of the four Mars Scout mission finalists), and Maria Zuber (Mars research at MIT). The Commission will generate an influential report this summer, and it is expected that Mars will play a prominent role in their recommendations to NASA.

All in all, this is a very exciting time for Humans to Mars, and more developments are expected over the course of this year. James Burk, the Editor of MarsNews.com, founded a new website shortly after Bush's announcement. The Project Constellation Weblog will track the progress of NASA's new effort to build a Crew Exploration Vehicle, as well as the plans surrounding humanity's return to the Moon and eventual mission to Mars.

http://www.marsnews.com/missions/humans_to_mars/
    Last edited by JIHAD; 05-26-2008 at 11:59 AM.

YOU EVER WONDER IF HUMAN DID GO TO THE MOON?

I AM ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH SPACE EXPLORATION AND IF THE MARS TRIP IS A SUCCESS THEN THIS WILL BE A REALLY BIG STEP.

HOPE I AM STILL ALIVE WHEN IT HAPPENS
    MI NUH LUV GYAL, SUH TEKKK YUH EYE OFFFFFFFFFFF A MI

Default well

Quote Originally Posted by SUGAR View Post
    YOU EVER WONDER IF HUMAN DID GO TO THE MOON?

I AM ALWAYS FASCINATED WITH SPACE EXPLORATION AND IF THE MARS TRIP IS A SUCCESS THEN THIS WILL BE A REALLY BIG STEP.

HOPE I AM STILL ALIVE WHEN IT HAPPENS

but would u take the ride...to mars I mean

First to answer your question. A BIG FAT NO!!!!!

Yuh eva think that them going to where God neva place dem (wi) could be part of the problems we have here on earth? Dem need fi low dem tings and keep put here on earth. Who knows what dem a bring back pan di sitten whey dem sen up dey fi come infest earth? Besides that, mi sure know dem no send that thing up on "air" dem muss do some kind of pollution while going or being there...dem need fi cut them fuk out and leff wha no trouble dem. Dem can and should find something worthwhile to do with all those billions dem spending on those kind a sh!t.
    Dats di life yuh create...tappinize bout life hard!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post

Yuh eva think that them going to where God neva place dem (wi) could be part of the problems we have here on earth? Dem need fi low dem tings and keep put here on earth. Who knows what dem a bring back pan di sitten whey dem sen up dey fi come infest earth? Besides that, mi sure know dem no send that thing up on "air" dem muss do some kind of pollution while going or being there...dem need fi cut them fuk out and leff wha no trouble dem. Dem can and should find something worthwhile to do with all those billions dem spending on those kind a sh!t.
    sigh.

black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Malvo View Post
    sigh.

black people.
    yeah...most of the sh!t is done by non-blacks. GSUM

Quote Originally Posted by JIHAD View Post
    but would u take the ride...to mars I mean
    YES I WOULD

IF YOU WANT TO TALK BOUT POLUTION (WI) DOING A FINE JOB AT IT.... LOOK AROUND YOU BEFORE YOU MAKE SUCH STATEMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by SUGAR View Post
    IF YOU WANT TO TALK BOUT POLUTION (WI) DOING A FINE JOB AT IT.... LOOK AROUND YOU BEFORE YOU MAKE SUCH STATEMENT.
    guhsukyuhmaddato

guhsukyuhmaddato
    GUH READ A BOOK AND CLOSE YOUR LEGS

Blog Entries

yeah...most of the sh!t is done by non-blacks. GSUM
    watch your fucking mouth babez.

most of the species' progress is done by non-blacks too... primarily because of the mind-boggling ignorance of many black people, such as that exhibited in your first post. suck a dick and open a book.

Exclamation guys gyal

this is the senior circuit....no slackness please.....not because I am jihad no war
    in this thread just mature dialog....troy link up.....omni warn dem.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Malvo View Post
    watch your fucking mouth babez.

most of the species' progress is done by non-blacks too... primarily because of the mind-boggling ignorance of many black people, such as that exhibited in your first post. suck a dick and open a book.
    she is white..
    i am blessed

like every likkle boy born in the seventies i wanted to explore space..

now i am 30 years old...i am more intrested in fishing in remote places and admiring the earth..
    i am blessed

Quote Originally Posted by scwallydem View Post
    like every likkle boy born in the seventies i wanted to explore space..

now i am 30 years old...i am more intrested in fishing in remote places and admiring the earth..
    I'll stick w/ Earth too.
    I never wanted to be an "ass-tronaut", especially after growing up bumping "Be Yon Der"

Nope, I heard some object was following the shuttle yesterday, I thought damn they have finally fucked with the aliens...

Quote Originally Posted by scorpioprincess View Post
    Nope, I heard some object was following the shuttle yesterday, I thought damn they have finally fucked with the aliens...
    There are no UFO's in space....trust me we would have seen them