PDA

View Full Version : RIDDIM CLASH 2006

Smart
07-15-2006, 07:42 AM
So far, this was only posted by one boardy on German dancehallmusic.de board, so I wouldn't say it is 100% confirmed, but: at this weekend's Summerjam festival, there were the first infos to be read for Riddim Clash 2006.

Apart from Riddim Clash being moved from Munich to Cologne, the main news is the lineup:

Bass Odyssey
vs.
Rodigan
vs.
LP

It wouldn't be a total surprise to me if the lineup stays like that (without a German sound), but somehow this lineup is closer to I&C circus than any Riddim Clash before...

fatherDIXON
07-15-2006, 08:31 AM
HOPEFULLY THEY WILL ADD SUPERSONIC

AND OR GRAMIGNA. BUT THE EUROPEANS

ARE JUST AS GULLABLE AS WE CARRIBEAN

AMERICANS... BRING THEM ANYTHING FROM

YARD AND IT IS AUTOMATICALY "AUTHENTIC"

AND THEREFORE SUPPERIOR BY DEFAULT.

GENERALSLAM
07-15-2006, 08:34 AM

Amen.

Smart
07-15-2006, 09:14 AM

Gramigna would actually be a good idea. I could imagine a few reasons why none of the three big German clash sounds (Supersonic, Soundquake, Sentinel) would be on the lineup this year (all of them are speculations though that I'll keep for myself right now).

But still, even though many people do believe that anything from overseas (NY included) is superior by default, there's also many people who want to see a home sound up there with them, so someone must be added (even more asit's always been a four sound clash).

wiswize
07-15-2006, 09:35 AM
X out rodi and LP and replace them with two european sound.

i do think it's unfair to continue to believe that european promoters still have yard sound on a pedestal, there must be a reason(s) that we are not privy to, why there arent any european sounds in the clash.

fatherDIXON
07-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I could imagine a few reasons why none of the three big German clash sounds (Supersonic, Soundquake, Sentinel) would be on the lineup this year (all of them are speculations though that I'll keep for myself right now).

C'MON , C'MON..... DROP DI 411.
YU NUH SEE AH DHR DI WORLD
GET DEM DANCEHALL INFO FROM.

BONITA DESPERADO
07-15-2006, 09:40 AM
I could imagine a few reasons why none of the three big German clash sounds (Supersonic, Soundquake, Sentinel) would be on the lineup this year (all of them are speculations though that I'll keep for myself right now).

go ahead and speculate out loud - i'm sure you can do so tactfully

ryderz
07-15-2006, 09:59 AM
So far, this was only posted by one boardy on German dancehallmusic.de board, so I wouldn't say it is 100% confirmed, but: at this weekend's Summerjam festival, there were the first infos to be read for Riddim Clash 2006.

Apart from Riddim Clash being moved from Munich to Cologne, the main news is the lineup:

It wouldn't be a total surprise to me if the lineup stays like that (without a German sound), but somehow this lineup is closer to I&C circus than any Riddim Clash before...

hmmm
no german sounds???
no european sounds???
no caribbean sounds???

Smart
07-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Well, pretty obviously, Supersonic would be the last choice as they have played in the last two Riddim Clashes. They won one and lost the next one - of course they are wicked and won several clashes after a close 2nd place in last year's Riddim Clash, but still: just for variety's sake, it should be time for another local contender.

Sentinel are supposed to play World Clash around that time and I guess you'd have to pay them good money to make them take the load of preparing for two big clashes at a time (and they surely will not clash just like that without feeling well prepared).

Soundquake... :lipsseal:

Maybe in the end, one of them will be on the lineup, but I could well imagine that right now, it would be much harder to get them to do it than those three sounds who are (supposedly) on there already.

Smart
07-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Just for clarification: Summerjam Festival is the biggest reggae festival in Germany and it is in Cologne, the city where this year's clash will happen.

So of course for the promoter it makes sense to have something to anounce during the festival, even if it is not the final lineup....

ryderz
07-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Well, pretty obviously, Supersonic would be the last choice as they have played in the last two Riddim Clashes. They won one and lost the next one - of course they are wicked and won several clashes after a close 2nd place in last year's Riddim Clash, but still: just for variety's sake, it should be time for another local contender.

Sentinel are supposed to play World Clash around that time and I guess you'd have to pay them good money to make them take the load of preparing for two big clashes at a time (and they surely will not clash just like that without feeling well prepared).

Soundquake... :lipsseal:

Maybe in the end, one of them will be on the lineup, but I could well imagine that right now, it would be much harder to get them to do it than those three sounds who are (supposedly) on there already.

interesting

Smart
07-15-2006, 11:28 AM
interesting
Just speculating still, but as long as there is no official denial, I expect them to return as defending champion. If not for the $$$, then for their reputation.

ryderz
07-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Just speculating still, but as long as there is no official denial, I expect them to return as defending champion. If not for the $$$, then for their reputation.

good points

but mi vote for supersonic any day
dem would wipe up in riddim ca$h

RAGNAMPIZA
07-15-2006, 11:33 AM
IS RODIGAN CONSIDERED A EUROPEN SOUND? CUZ TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE 1 JA, 1 USA, AND 1 EU.

ryderz
07-15-2006, 11:36 AM
IS RODIGAN CONSIDERED A EUROPEN SOUND? CUZ TO ME IT LOOKS LIKE 1 JA, 1 USA, AND 1 EU.

uk

dem a seperate island
have dem own currency(pound sterlin)
ask selecta g

FloMK
07-15-2006, 12:04 PM

i do think it's unfair to continue to believe that european promoters still have yard sound on a pedestal, there must be a reason(s) that we are not privy to, why there arent any european sounds in the clash.

they can`t very well X out lp since they are the defending champion, and rodi is welln known in germany and hasnt been in riddim clash as far as i know...

as for a german sound in riddim clash, smart said it all already, supersonic and sentinel are not very likely to participate unless there are serious $$$, and i think soundquakes` box would be more then ready but bimma is just not a real war mc, though that could be less of a disadvantage in germany......

anyway, the thing that pisses me off the most is that they moved it from munich to cologne, now its a 4h - drive instead of a 1h - drive......

Selecta_G
07-15-2006, 06:11 PM
they can`t very well X out lp since they are the defending champion, and rodi is welln known in germany and hasnt been in riddim clash as far as i know...

as for a german sound in riddim clash, smart said it all already, supersonic and sentinel are not very likely to participate unless there are serious $$$, and i think soundquakes` box would be more then ready but bimma is just not a real war mc, though that could be less of a disadvantage in germany......

anyway, the thing that pisses me off the most is that they moved it from munich to cologne, now its a 4h - drive instead of a 1h - drive......

Just when me Get used to Munich Vibes and two LARge hotel with in walking distance of the dance - o well - will start research cologne.

Yes Ryders - when UK go EU its Farrin - Currency haffi change and Passport haffi READY:cool2:

Selecta G

DaniRankin
07-15-2006, 06:45 PM

Wha?!, Last time i checked, UK was part of the Europe. Besides, Rodigan was born in Germany anyway..

trix7
07-17-2006, 08:01 AM
bass odyssey will tek dis, squingy oh not.

Amsterdam Yute
07-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Wha?!, Last time i checked, UK was part of the Europe. Besides, Rodigan was born in Germany anyway..

England is part of europe but not when it comes to sound, there in a different class then continental sounds, historicly jamaica-england etc.

bless.

Selectah Lynxx
07-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Add Graminga and call it a fucking day...

BONITA DESPERADO
07-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Interview with Puma (LP) in Germany:
http://reggae-bash.de/lp_puma.MP3 (http://reggae-bash.de/lp_puma.MP3)

big up filio from reggae-bash.de any whey him deh yah.

Selectah Lynxx
07-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Terror Gone :o

trix7
07-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Terror Gone :o

u talkin bout da nigga wha mc's 4 LP Intl? he left/got fyah from LP?

oh well, he sucked imo. it was PUMA who won da riddim clash last yr 4 LP. one ras and da mc 4 supersonic KILLED him speech wise

Selectah Lynxx
07-17-2006, 09:02 AM
u talkin bout da nigga wha mc's 4 LP Intl? he left/got fyah from LP?

oh well, he sucked imo. it was PUMA who won da riddim clash last yr 4 LP. one ras and da mc 4 supersonic KILLED him speech wise

I believe he is GONE based on what PUMA was saying in the interview... If I am mistaken, excuse my error and correct me...

:meditate:

trix7
07-17-2006, 09:15 AM
I believe he is GONE based on what PUMA was saying in the interview... If I am mistaken, excuse my error and correct me...

:meditate:

tru. i neva listen dey interview.

lol, cah Puma said when him interview wid some dhr memba "meh rate terror, supa don, and puma as ELEVEN OUTTA TEN" LOL!

Smart
07-17-2006, 09:40 AM
According to CThug, Puma already won that one:

http://www.dancehallreggae.com/images/2006/7/w9DwzbUfAddiesbkfinal.jpg

trix7
07-17-2006, 09:58 AM
According to CThug, Puma already won that one:

http://www.dancehallreggae.com/images/2006/7/w9DwzbUfAddiesbkfinal.jpg

lol

1st i noticin dat

blacking
07-18-2006, 05:09 PM
lol

1st i noticin dat
come in like addies need all types of help what the hell
does noah know about killing sound :minuhkno: :lame:
L.P. winsthis one :shotta: :shotta: :shotta: :shotta: them dead :gunz_out: :shotta: :gunz_out:

soundarmada
07-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Nice to hear they choosed Cologne as the city for the fight, I can actually take the trip this time!

Smart, is there already a confirmed choice of venue?

FloMK
07-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I don`t think the location is confirmed yet, just visit http://www.riddim-clash.de/ from time to time and you`ll be good to go.....

btw, it looks as if the line-up is complete, no additions, whether german, italian or else......