PDA

View Full Version : "Me neva sign it (the Act), mi nah ‘sell-out’ dancehall" -- Beeni

Khalzz
06-19-2007, 12:53 AM
"Me neva sign it (the Act), mi nah ‘sell-out’ dancehall" -- Beenie

18-Jun-07 | by jiggamattic

Last week, the advocates of the campaign trumpeted what they claim to be a major breakthrough in their campaign when they got three major reggae artistes, Sizzla, Capleton and Beenie Man to sign the Reggae Compassionate Act.

http://www.one876entertainment.com//cms/data/upimages/beenieweb-thumb.jpgThe act, touted as being of historic importance to the gay community, effectively announces that “reggae artistes renounced homophobia, and hailed the deal as “this commitment is a major blow against homophobia in the Caribbean and in popular music”. The artistes have also been subjected to an avalanche of criticism.

However, at least one artiste, Beenie Man is denying that he signed anything.

“I never signed it, maybe the promoters signed it, because every promoter have to sign if dem want dem concert fi keep, but if yu nah sing about dem, there is no need to sign it,” Beenie told One876Entertainment.com over the weekend.

“A guy come fi my sign paper inna Spain and tell we say we must sign, and mi tell dem mi nah sing no song about them so mi nah sign it. Ah politics dem a deal wid, me know that, so dem caan trick me,” he said.

However, Peter Tatchell of the gay human rights group, Outrage, has the signatures of Moses Davis (signed March 23, 2007), Miguel Collins (June 15, 2007) and C. Bailey (no date) on the Reggae Compassionate Act documents which explicitly state that “to this end, we agree to not make statements or perform songs that incite hatred or violence against anyone from any community”.

"They also agree that they will not make homophobic public statements.” Beenie Man insists that he signed no such document.

“Maybe the promoters dem sign because dem want to promote dancehall in Europe and if dem have to sign so that the man dem ease up offa we, then that dem a go do. They know that is Jamaica we live and how we feel about that lifestyle, but it is about getting dancehall out there, and to the world,” Beenie Man said.

“Why would I sign when I am going to continue to perform these songs I have. I know that if the vibes lick me, and me decide fi do a song, mi not going to be able to do it, because mi dun sign already so that is why me nah go sign. No compromise. My ting ah my ting. Me know about me. Mi already tell dem at dem big press conference in Spain, fi dem lifestyle ah fi dem lifestyle, and that is not wholesome to my lifestyle. Mi love woman, mi no love man, Jah,” he said.

“Mi caan sell out dancehall, ah that mi sing, straight,” Beenie Man said. “The gays dem no have no visa power, dem no have no police power, demo no have dem power de fi stop dancehall, dem caan get me fi sign nothing fi compromise my beliefs.”

Efforts to get in contact with the management team of Sizzla and Capleton proved futile as both artistes were said to be on tour in Europe. Despite Beenie’s claims that the gay movement is not that powerful, so far, the Stop Murder Music campaign has been able to marshal forces to disrupt the lives and livelihoods of reggae artiste. The campaign has resulted in the cancellation of dozens of the singers' concerts and sponsorship deals, causing them income losses.

NuhLongTalk
06-19-2007, 01:15 AM
if he said nothing, people say he must`ve signed.
now he denies it people will say he lied.

GENERALSLAM
06-19-2007, 01:21 AM

Well, he doesn't have the best track record when it comes to the concept of being TRUTHFUL.

NuhLongTalk
06-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Point well taken, and agreed.
Additionally,
some of you have a better track record when it comes to being gullible.

GENERALSLAM
06-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Additionally,
And that can apply equally to those who believe Beenie when he says that he didn't sign as well as those that believe the gay activists. Why does a promoter have the right to forge signatures? Beenie doesn't seem to be worried about having his signature forged....just makes me more skeptical about his side of the story.

James the Just
06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
From the very beginning mi seh, mi have to hear weh the artist dem a seh....

Mi nuh know bout beenie but Mi still nuh feel seh Sizzla sign it.........

Zi mi.......................

Akinyele
06-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Maybe the promoters dem sign because dem want to promote dancehall in Europe

PROMOTER CANNOT SIGN YOUR NAME PON A LEGAL DOCUMENT. ESPECIALLY ONE OF THAT MAGNITUDE.

YU IS A DISGRACE TO JAMAICA

fy*hhyp3
06-19-2007, 05:52 AM
"Me neva sign it (the Act), mi nah ‘sell-out’ dancehall" -- Beenie

18-Jun-07 | by jiggamattic

Last week, the advocates of the campaign trumpeted what they claim to be a major breakthrough in their campaign when they got three major reggae artistes, Sizzla, Capleton and Beenie Man to sign the Reggae Compassionate Act.

http://www.one876entertainment.com//cms/data/upimages/beenieweb-thumb.jpgThe act, touted as being of historic importance to the gay community, effectively announces that “reggae artistes renounced homophobia, and hailed the deal as “this commitment is a major blow against homophobia in the Caribbean and in popular music”. The artistes have also been subjected to an avalanche of criticism.

However, at least one artiste, Beenie Man is denying that he signed anything.

“I never signed it, maybe the promoters signed it, because every promoter have to sign if dem want dem concert fi keep, but if yu nah sing about dem, there is no need to sign it,” Beenie told One876Entertainment.com over the weekend.

“A guy come fi my sign paper inna Spain and tell we say we must sign, and mi tell dem mi nah sing no song about them so mi nah sign it. Ah politics dem a deal wid, me know that, so dem caan trick me,” he said.

However, Peter Tatchell of the gay human rights group, Outrage, has the signatures of Moses Davis (signed March 23, 2007), Miguel Collins (June 15, 2007) and C. Bailey (no date) on the Reggae Compassionate Act documents which explicitly state that “to this end, we agree to not make statements or perform songs that incite hatred or violence against anyone from any community”.

"They also agree that they will not make homophobic public statements.” Beenie Man insists that he signed no such document.

“Maybe the promoters dem sign because dem want to promote dancehall in Europe and if dem have to sign so that the man dem ease up offa we, then that dem a go do. They know that is Jamaica we live and how we feel about that lifestyle, but it is about getting dancehall out there, and to the world,” Beenie Man said.

“Why would I sign when I am going to continue to perform these songs I have. I know that if the vibes lick me, and me decide fi do a song, mi not going to be able to do it, because mi dun sign already so that is why me nah go sign. No compromise. My ting ah my ting. Me know about me. Mi already tell dem at dem big press conference in Spain, fi dem lifestyle ah fi dem lifestyle, and that is not wholesome to my lifestyle. Mi love woman, mi no love man, Jah,” he said.

“Mi caan sell out dancehall, ah that mi sing, straight,” Beenie Man said. “The gays dem no have no visa power, dem no have no police power, demo no have dem power de fi stop dancehall, dem caan get me fi sign nothing fi compromise my beliefs.”

Efforts to get in contact with the management team of Sizzla and Capleton proved futile as both artistes were said to be on tour in Europe. Despite Beenie’s claims that the gay movement is not that powerful, so far, the Stop Murder Music campaign has been able to marshal forces to disrupt the lives and livelihoods of reggae artiste. The campaign has resulted in the cancellation of dozens of the singers' concerts and sponsorship deals, causing them income losses.

I don't believe this shit..This Coming From Same Nigga That Said Battyman Are Rapist... Or Someting Like that...Pon American Tv...Him Can fuck Off and dead...

scwallydem
06-19-2007, 07:04 AM

Zi mi.......................sizzla sign it

nuhbaddy pon yah nuh support sizzla more than mi..a few weeks back mi ppl call mi and mek mi kno say sizzla sign som'n and a try justify it..a dat mek mi start bun de fag

killabeez
06-19-2007, 10:29 AM
HIM TOO LIE WHY WOULD SOMEONE FORGE ONLY FI DEM SIGNATURE . DEM SIGN IT MI NAW BELIEVE NOTHING WEH DEM SAY NOW . LOOK HOW LONG THE STORY BUSS AND AH JUST NOW FISHEENIE AH COME CLARIFY IT. WE CANT HEAR NOTHING FROM SIZZLA AND CAPELTON ALL NOW . SILENCE IS CONSENT

gzod
06-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Additionally,
LMAO

PumPum Conqueror
06-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Liad blooodclaat bway, mi nuh beleive him.

James Swizzle
06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I don't believe this shit..This Coming From Same Nigga That Said Battyman Are Rapist... Or Someting Like that...Pon American Tv...Him Can fuck Off and dead...

fisheenie once sed ah battyman was a big man who went into ghettoes and seduce yung boys with money, gifts etc., so apprantly his fmr manager nor rupaul are battyman,. according to HIS definition.........

donsupa
06-19-2007, 02:12 PM

Additionally,

PROMOTER CANNOT SIGN YOUR NAME PON A LEGAL DOCUMENT. ESPECIALLY ONE OF THAT MAGNITUDE.

YU IS A DISGRACE TO JAMAICA

You are 100% right Akinyele

Liad blooodclaat bway, mi nuh beleive him.

Me no beleive him either...

check here for the Act with Beenie Man signature: http://www.ttgapers.com/Article1744.html

supa

CHRONIC
06-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Surprised Grinda yuh in yah yet :hmmm:

Akinyele
06-19-2007, 03:15 PM
http://www.ttgapers.com/Article1744.html

Though there were calls for the cancellation of the concert, the deejay was eventually allowed to perform - but not without signing the Reggae Compassionate Act

EMBARASS AND DISGRACE JAMAICA ONCE AGAIN,

SupaStar00
06-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Beenie seh him nuh sign it but people a post him signature as proof seh him do it. Fire bun beenie if a true, mi nah support nuh artist weh sell out to battyman. Nuh promoter have any rights fi sign yuh name pon nuh legal documents, if anything him fi a try fi charge di promoter wid forgery falsification.

Mi nah jump fi agree wid internet proof an statement, but I seh fire bun yuh beenie. Mi nuh support nuh battybwoy, mi strictly homophobic.

scwallydem
06-19-2007, 07:33 PM
mi nuh think fish convince grinda already??

who else him think him agguh convince? ROFL ROFL ROFL

ANTONY
06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
:werd:...DIS IS DANCEHALL BIGGEST LIAD.....http://www.ttgapers.com/index.php?module=photoshare&type=show&func=viewimage&iid=367

HE NAVA KNEW WHO RU PAUL WAS.....http://www.crossdressing.pl/pics/pic_rupaul2.jpg

REMEMBER HE SAID HE WAS SORRY TO THE GAYS:doh::doh:......IN 2003-2004......THEN TURNED AROUND ...AND REVERSE DI THING AND SAY IT .....WAS THE RECORD COMPANY WHO SAID SORRY...NOT HIM...

DOES THESE 2 SAME STORY SOUND SIMILAR....THE PROMOTERS SIGN...NOT HIM....:bs:

REMEMBER HE SAID JA PPL... ARE IGNORANT ...NOT EDUCATED 2 KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN....GAYS AND CHILD MOLESTERS....

THIS SAME ARTIST...OPPPS.. DANCEHALL LIAD....SAID...BATTYMAN RUN DI WORLD....SO HE NOW BLAME THE PROMOTERS.....4 MAKING HIM JOIN DEM OFFICALLY.....IN THE SIGNED CONTRACT....

BETWEENIE HAS AN HISTORY OF DOUBLE TALK......2TIMING AND BACK STABBING.....WHO COULD EVER 4GET STING AFEW MONTHS AGO.....

NOT 4GETTING...HOW HE SAID ''UNDISPUTED'' SOLD....WAY OVER 300,000 UNITS....AND IS MASHING UP BILLBOARD.....AND NUMEROUS RECORDS WENT PLATINUM IN AFRICA.....EUROPE...ETC..ETC..ETC..LOL

ANTONY
06-19-2007, 07:57 PM
mi nuh think fish convince grinda already??

who else him think him agguh convince? ROFL ROFL ROFLG/FAG...HIM CONFUSED AND EASY FI CONVINCE.....ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

teron678
06-19-2007, 07:59 PM
:jusAread:

bizzyt
06-19-2007, 08:25 PM
The homophobic lyrics are something that these artists can hang off to get a little hype, its a sort of tradition to lick out pon battyman, at the same time artists grow through their carriers otherwise it would be destructive to carry on going on about battyman fi dead. I do not condone being gay but if any of these jamaican artists are gonna go international they need to recognise and respect the way other people choose to live thier lives in other communities. Not everyone in the world is confortable with smoking weed yet its fairly common in Jamaica, people never cuss dem fi dat (im not saying its onyl jamaicans that smoke it). Beenie n dem cuda bun out battyman in yard but dem fi low it when they go to foreign coz not everyone thinks like them and they make its as if theres no choice of the way u shud live. If u read this and feel im defending battyman ur daft. theres gna be more signatures on the paper truss me dem man deh hungry.

calvo
06-19-2007, 09:34 PM
y beenie ALWAYS a try go roun di ting????

waterhouse
06-20-2007, 12:28 AM
CAPLETON AND NOW BEENIE DENY BWOY SOMETHING WRONG

MI A BELIEVE WI ARTISTE DEM OVA GAY PEOPLE THOUGH
|

Mad Bouncer
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
him lie. that he signature pon it

waterhouse
06-20-2007, 01:08 AM
THANK GOD THIS IS JUST A SITE WE COME AND WASTE TIME AND TALK NONSENSE BECAUSEIF THIS SITE REALLY HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE ARTISTE THEM CAREER THERE WOULD BE NO DANCEHALL .

BECAUSE IF TWO A OUR ARTISTE CAME OUT AND SEH DEM NEVA SIGN WE SEH A LIE DEM A TELL SO THAT MEAN SEH WE BELIEVE THE BATTYBOY DEM.

ONCE AGAIN THANK GOD THIS IS A NONSENSE AND GROUPIE SITE

fy*hhyp3
06-20-2007, 07:59 AM
THANK GOD THIS IS JUST A SITE WE COME AND WASTE TIME AND TALK NONSENSE BECAUSEIF THIS SITE REALLY HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE ARTISTE THEM CAREER THERE WOULD BE NO DANCEHALL .

BECAUSE IF TWO A OUR ARTISTE CAME OUT AND SEH DEM NEVA SIGN WE SEH A LIE DEM A TELL SO THAT MEAN SEH WE BELIEVE THE BATTYBOY DEM.

You Sure Bout That...Nuff Artist and selector post yah..And Nuff People pon yah support this here...

scwallydem
06-20-2007, 08:11 AM

ONCE AGAIN THANK GOD THIS IS A NONSENSE AND GROUPIE SITEevery major news paper in europe ran the story

this is not 1970..dem sign it..battyman a nuh eediat fe guh forge sizzla and capleton and beenie sig..that is against european laws and that would leave them open for law suits..

don't come wid yuh fuckery round here

yuh think ppl a dunce

Mr Gavin
06-20-2007, 08:16 AM

ROFL shut the hell up. You knoweth not what you talketh about.

taktsa85
06-20-2007, 09:02 AM

Zi mi.......................

Sizzla signed it why would he be quiet all this time he SOLD OUT big thats what i think its better he agreed to not sing those songs in Europe rather to agree to never sign them again that makes no sense.Capleton just made sure he wont kick a stage show again what good stage show song does he have that doesnt burn out di chi chi LOL.feel sorry for him in a way he is stupid
does beenie even know what a signature is he is embarassing black people with such uneducated talk

bushbaby
06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
sizzla sign it

nuhbaddy pon yah nuh support sizzla more than mi..a few weeks back mi ppl call mi and mek mi kno say sizzla sign som'n and a try justify it..a dat mek mi start bun de fag

what kinda few weeks back yu a talk bout.....di ting seh Sizzla signed JUNE 15 2007..which makes no sense because the story came out that sizzla, Beenie and Capleton had sign long before June 15 2007

I dont think di man dem sign nothing......di battyman man dem just decide fi come with a different approach.....and judging by the reation of most people on this board....it seems to be working as a good strategy fi di battyman dem

Devide and rule..think bout that

As for Elephant man......anything puffy says...goes.......so Ele can fcuk off

waterhouse
06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
AGAIN THANK GOD THIS IS A SITE WHERE WE COME TO WASTE TIME

SOME A UNUH THINK A BOUNTY AND BEENIE ALONE DEEJAY AS SOMETHING COME UP BOUT ANY A DEM A PAGES A COMMENTS.

LOOK HOW MUCH NEWS ABOUT OTHER ARTISTE OUT THERE .UNUH LOW DI VETS DEM .DEM SEAL DEM SPOT AND RICH ALREADY NO MORE PROMOTION NEEDED .

MI NAH BELIEVE BATTYMAN OVA WI ARTISTE DEM

Grindacologist
06-20-2007, 11:45 AM
its so bad that some are being paid by the gay organisations

GO GO TONGUE bought ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

P.S. Yuh get over di heartbreak yet? Pathetic :)

bizzyt
06-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I will indicate 3 things wrong with your mentality/post, then tell you shut the fuk up....

1.The majority of Jamaican people DISPISE/HATE weeed
2.The "tradition" is not about hype,its about slavery and religion/beliefs
3.Beenie like most people, know that there are battymen even in yard, the difference is that beenie fraternizes with them, most battymen in Jamaica do their sexual stuff indoors, there is a certain RESPECT for the populace..

Now it is obvious you have a certain diamond sokks, clarks booty, screw face thug image of jamaicans

that type are usually THE WORST OF THE ISLAND

the majority of the people are EXTREMELY CONVERSATIVE (yes like some georgia republicans)

hence chek your mentality

ANYBODY who is comfortable with gay organisations in effect waging wahr against reggae and the artists are wicked

for what that does is present an IMAGE a FALSE IMAGE that gays are being hunted and slaughtered all over the island

its so bad that some are being paid by the gay organisations

educate yourself

and shut the fuk up

i agree with a few points u made but u only showed ur ignorance in tellin me to shut the fuck up. I only used the weed argument as an EXAMPLE, I could have well chosen anything else, all im saying is there is certain acceptable gnomes in the jamiacan society that people outside might not be happy about, for example their open homophobia. im just highlighting the image that some jamacans portray themselves, STATISTICAL PROBABILITY WILL PROVE A FEW OF THE FACTS. I wont tell u to shut the fuck up thats ignorant, but the hype shit is true, kartel & ele soon say dem nah have no problem with battyman, how much selectah hang on the battyman argument to get forward? THINK AND STOP TRYING TO BE BAD ON THE INTERNET IT ONLY MAKES U SEEM LIKE A IDIOT. RESPECT SAME WAY I HEARD UR OPINION. BLESS

bizzyt
06-20-2007, 02:27 PM
actually sir I am not a disrespectful person
yet by your thinking
you insulted a whole island of people
some are of the impression that all jamaica has dreadloks
the MAJORITY of jamaican people DO NOT LIKE rastas
the world accepted and loved bob marley before most jamaica did
calypso was one of the most loved music in jamaica at a time
loved ESPECIALLY by the uptowners
rasta livity brought about bob marley
rasta livity brings much tourism
rasta livity brings a certain belief system
rasta livity is ancient

the gay organisations depend on outside people having a negative or misconstrued perception of reggae and jamaica

what do you think would happen to the thousands upon thousands of people who depend on tourism if the gays are successful in villifying the jamaican people as natzis

the issue that also led to my disrespect of you is that badman image perception that you STILL HOLD

there are certain men in jamaica, usually uptown "educated" ones
who will cross their legs and speak in such a fashion you would think they were members of the english parliament
men such as the one from entertainment report,oliver, pj and many others

in america those mannerisms are "fruity/gay" yet it is just the uptown jamaican

jamaican society is myriad

yet the image that the world sees most is the "shotta/garrison" thug

dont be decieved and as I wouldnt watch sopranos to know about italians, same way most shouldnt watch shottas

You obviously are well informed but not the rest of the world is, your argument is completely factual and I can say it aplies to every society, I come from Africa and live in England and you wouldnt belive how much people are surprised that not all of of africa is hungry, people do live normal as well, point taken. BUT you displayed ignorance when tried to split my words to make it seem as if i was trying to discredit the whole of Jamaica, i know its not all of jamaica that does this and that, the point it theres a large proportion of these GARRISONS that accept certain things like HOMOPHOBIA WHCH ARE NOT NECESARRILY INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTABLE. I did say its common i never mentioned anything to instigate that all jamiacans are rasta and smoke weed, i got jamaican family i would stereotype people in that way, just low the ignorant talk and argue with facts, ive acknowledged ur argument and u didnt have to cuss noone to do that just speak facts. Bless everytime

donsupa
06-20-2007, 06:52 PM

stop chat fvckery and open yuh eyes.

supa

ANTONY
06-20-2007, 11:19 PM
stop chat fvckery and open yuh eyes.

supa:werd:....:goodpost::goodpost::OldNwize::OldNw ize:

FUNNY...HOW FISH FANS FIND CERTAIN THINGS VERY HARD 2 BELIEVE....